Interchangeable hook kit?

i love my provocraft hooks............ i will agree, can't use the trigger handle for long, but, i do love them. now, i just wish that they would make smaller tips for them.. say size b and c, as well as the steel hook sizes.

peg

i agree, do you think if we email them enough times, they might do it?:blush

This is a little off topic, but I don't feel established enough to start a new thread (I may have missed one in my search). Sorry for only coming out of lurking to ask for help. That's how a lot of newbies start, right? :P

The question: What are some options with regards to nice hook sets? I'm getting to the point at which I think I'd really like a set with a (nonleather) carrying case. I've seen what I'm looking for... if I were a knitter. :) I'd like a set to include as much as possible, but if I'm honest with myself, I don't use the smaller steel-style hooks much at all. I could probably go on forever with the one I have. In short, it's probably a waste of money... but I want a set anyway. :2blush

You know you think you might not use those hooks but when I started out "collecting" hooks I didnt know how I would adventure into projects that I have done that are totally enjoyable. So while you dont see it now you will more than likely use them later. So its not really a waste of money. I enjoy crocheting so much that I have bought books and thought at the time I would do something out of them then think probably not but I enjoy reading them and getting inspiration from them any ways. I would encourage you to touch some hooks and see how they feel in your hands. I have just gotten my first square crochet hook and think its neat, looking at it I would never have guessed how comfie it feels in my hand. Every crocheter has his or her own preference. Do you have a special shop close by? Wal Mart doesnt always have a great selection. If you look up craft stores and yarn stores you can find some awesome shops in your area. I have also found some wonderful places to go to out of town when ever I am visiting somewhere in or around a big city. So not a direct answer but I think you will be happy if you find what feels best to you.

alicia

I have ordered the provocraft and the wooden handle set (message #18). I do know that the wooden handle one you can cut your own hooks to fit it. I will post after I get both sets to give my opinion. I've been having pain,tingling in my hand at night so hope either set helps.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine got the Provo set. At first she was excited about it. but the other day she said to save my money. she's having a hard time telling which hook is in the holder.

I bought a set of Boyle Interchangable Hooks yesterday. There is the main holder then the hooks from size 1 to 14. I found it at Hobby Lobby for $18.
I would love to see that. I didn't think they made anything like this in the thread hooks anymore. I can't find it in any of my searches. I have a complete vintage set. But don't use it as It is too precious to me. To have contemporary set would be great.

I just purchased a set of Boye interchangeable head crochet set earlier today at Hobby Lobby for $29.99 and used one of their 40% off coupons for this wk. so I got the set for $17.99 + sales tax. :)

The package says New on it and has 14 steel crochet hook heads, sizes 1-14, with 1 lightweight aluminum handle and a nice little protective case with a removable strap/handle for the whole set. I haven't found a picture of these new hooks online as of yet, not even at Wrights.com or at Craftsetc.com. It was the first time I've seen the hooks and there was only one set at the store which I bought.

"To use one of the hooks you have to remove the locking nut from the handle, insert the head into handle, slide locking nut over head and screw firmly into handle."

I bought a set of the Provo hooks from Wal-Mart a few wks ago but took them back when I couldn't get the hook into the handle no matter what I tried. :( The Boye set of steel hooks are much easier to get the hook into the handle. :)

• 6 months later...

I had the ProvoCraft set but gave them to a neighbor after a couple weeks. I couldn't get the hooks into the handles, had to have my husband do it every time. Since he's not here often, I can't rely on him being here to do it.

Then I bought a set of Clover Soft Touch and they've been fantastic.

i use my provo craft ergo hooks all the time - love the trigger handle and the other handle - a really good friend from WY bought them for me - i really want to get the 1-14 steel hook set too!!

the first set of ergo hooks i got tho had 2 f's in it - i exchanged it for another one that is a little better - however, if you measure the hooks with one of those hook guides that you insert the hook into - they dont match what they say. neither do some of my regular hooks though too.

i love mine and wouldnt trade it - makes my hands hurt a whole lot less@@

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Provo Craft set at Wal-Mart. I am not to pleased with it. The hooks don't screw in at the right angle on one of the handles and a couple of the hooks I had to have the backs filed down, because of a mark on them that would catch in the yarn .. would have returned it, but was so excited when I got it, I threw the recepit out. Just check it out really good before you make the buy!

Archived