Annie's Attic for today...am I not reading it right?

On the first page there is definately a picture of the "Navy Houndstooth Rug"...but when you click to the "GET THIS FREE PATTERN"...it look like they are showing an afghan there.

The materials list seem to match the "afghan"...but the pattern description looks to be right for the rug.

I have been looking for rug and I think that is the one going on "my list"...the afghan is nice too...I hope they post that pattern too.

LOL! :roflI was on my way here, just now, to say the same thing! It confused :thinkme this morning as I was looking it over too! That second afghan is lovely.......I hope they post the pattern for that one soon!

I was just wondering the same thing, I had to read it twice to be sure and kept looking for the "elegant braid accents crocheted in sparkling, contrasting yarn" part, LOL

I too hope they put this one up soon, very very pretty.

C

Just wanted to let you all know -- I have the book the pattern is from, and the name of the pattern, page it's on and directions are the same, but the picture and materials list is for another afghan that I know I have seen somewhere before but can't remember just where.

I'm on my way out now and probably won't be able to post till tomorrow but would be happy to scan and post the correct picture and materials list if anyone is interested. (It is a navy and white houndstooth pattern).

How funny!! I was also on my way here to post this same item. Love the look of the rug, but just didn't think the pattern listed matched the rug.

Of course, I'm about 1 cup of coffee shy for the morning so I thought it might just be me!

I'm pretty sure they've posted that afghan with the braids before. I think it's from probably the first few months that they putting up the free patterns.

edited to add: I was right...the picture of the afghan that they had showing on today's "rug" pattern was from a previous PoD. Tomorrow's (saturday) pattern "Majestic Braids", is a repeat. I have it in my little archive of AA's PoD, and it was posted on either July 14th or 15th.

Archived