2011 ~ Critter Comfort Project!

Crochet Crone

Hi Lori,

I'll be glad to help, but since I have 0 squares made right now it might be a few of weeks before I have enough done to mail. PM me with your address when you get a chance, and I'll warn you when I ship.

carol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori, thanks so much for this thread!:cheer

Cats are my life and I've been trying to think about another way I could help the animals at the local no-kill shelter. I'm going to contact them and see if they are interested in snuggles. If they aren't I've PM you and see how I can help.

You are a dear for showing me another way that I can support my furry friends.:hug Based upon the popularity of yarn by my feline roommates, I'd say the cats at the shelter would be much more comfortable in their cages if they have snuggles! It's a wonderful idea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just read your post. I love kitty cats! I would like to help, I don't have any squares, or snuggles made up right now. Let me see what I can get done by the end of Sept. If you would like to PM me your address.

amzi

I've got a rescue that I'm making pet snuggles & cat toys for, and I'm SO glad there are others with kindred spirits out there!

We always hear about what shelters & rescues NEED, and I know that the desperate need is not exaggerated. But it's only here in these forums that I've learned about what people are DOING for them.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now, if the eccentric cat I rescued 2 weeks ago, will just come out from under the neighbor's shed or truck or wherever he got under, I'll be glad - it's going to be our first really cool night, and I've put his cat-bed and snuggle blanket on the front porch, and hopefully, he'll be there shortly, or in the morning. Grrrr... and Brrrr.......

Hi. I have some yarn that I have been trying to figure out what to do with as I just don't think it's soft enough for a person or child...so I will make some pet snugglies with it. I have a few shelters around here that I always donate to. I will contact them to see if they will take these.

Other things you can drop off are newspapers and I recently dropped off sheets and pillowcases that were sitting in my mom's linen closet for the last 15 years so if you have those laying around I'm sure shelters would be greatful.

Good luck!!!

i use my "thift store/yard sale/flea market" yarn for snuggles. I made my dog one out of homespun and he loves it. They really make a difference to a dog believe it or not. If he could talk, he was so proud and happy that he had his own snuggle.

So I have a stack of them for our local shelter. I'm going to make more before I take them over. But, if it were up to my dog, he'd keep them all. I had one laying on the ground and he laid on it and wouldn't get up.

This is a fantastic charity. I feel so bad for animals laying on a cold metal cage or concrete floor.

right now I'm busy making baby blankets for the families of the soldiers based at a fort near here.. when I'm done I should have some yarn and time to make some squares or snuggles to help... they want 40 baby ghans before November and there is only one other person who is working on them.. the other 2 ladies who usually help are having medical problems at the moment

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 snuggles done, I am going to try to make 4. I'm going to give it another week or more to see how many I can get done.

I made 4.....one rectangle and 3 ovals. I also went through my closet to pull out clothes I will no longer wear so I have a box of clothes to donate to the Salvation Army. I also have a bag full of baby hats for the hospital so this week my husband and I will go around dropping off all our goodies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Pamper poor pets! Pet bed project! I like to beg for donations to a pet bed project I'm doing!

I'm asking for 6" granny squares made from 2 strings of regular worst weight yarn. Any colors will do. I will then piece them together and give them to a local no kill pet shelter. If anyone would like to just go ahead and make a pet snuggle and send that that would be wonderful as well. here is a link with lotz of snuggles patterns to choose from! thank you so much for considering my project. We have far to many homeless pets that need alittle comfort!

http://www.h4ha.org/snuggles/patterns/index.html

Thank- you

Lori ~ Crochet Crone

• 5 months later...

I have some small tied fleece blankets that would be good for kittens, cats or small dogs. I'll gladly send them to you if you want. I crochet granny squares also but don't double the yarn because I can't stand to crochet with 2 strands lololol

4 years ago, I crocheted just over 300 small cat blankets for my shelter. Winter was tough and I had tons of time on my hands.

Just send me an address and I'll get the blankets out. If you want single strand granny's let me know and I'll do some of those also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived