Polish Stars

I just tried to make these for Christmas for my sisters, because our mom is Polish, and I couldn't get it. I just couldn't follow the pattern, event hough I thought I was doing it right (and I'd consider myself an intermediate-level crocheter). I opted instead for my favorite Priscilla Hewitt Scalloped Potholder beause I needed them fast. But if you figure this out, please post--I'd love to make these! Patty

Looky what I found, ladies--a blog where the blogger has made these potholders and posted a photo of them in construction! I am definietly whipping out my cotton and giving these another go now that I see how hers looked part way through. http://daisywreath.net/crochet/2004/10/ Thnak you, daisywreath, whoever you are. Patty

***! I search High and low last night for this link in my favorites and online... I have it printed out already I had the link in the summer time I was gonna post it for you all but couldn't find it.

SO, thank-you for posting it!

Lori

I made this potholder a while back. I found it helpful to make row diagrams (used my own symbols) so that I could just take a quick look as I crocheted. You'll only need two diagrams (odd & even rows). Also I did NOT :no turn the piece as I worked on it. I kept it flat with the same side facing me. This works since you are changing colors each row. :hook

Row 9 instead of 'sc in each stitch across, turn' I changed to 'sc working same pattern as odd numbered rows, turn'. :scrachin

I ended up sending the pot holder to a friend who now lives in Florida because she was having trouble with it also. And she's an experienced crocheter (more so than I am!) :blush

My mom was Polish so I printed out the pattern. I really would like to learn how to do this...I HATE having a pattern defeat me:>)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived