Newbie doing wall hanging

redroses154

Hi I am really new at felting but am working on a large project:yes

I am using needle felting to do a wall hanging and it is going to be quite large. My question is can a wall hanging be made up into smaller units and than put together to create a finished picture? And how would you join them?:think

this wall hangin is the mountains in the fall against a sunset. the forground will be a tepee. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also working on a crochet rug for the kitchen using pencil roving. It is going together nicely.

I have been playing around with needlefelting....I have only added embelishments to a felted bag. I'm not sure about putting pieces together tho...I would think it would be easier to needle felt your details to a backround piece. Hopefully someone here will have more sugestions for you.

wet felting would be an option except i have started the piece by needle felting and than will full. the reason i want the pieces seperate is so that there will be depth to the piece.

almost have tepee ready to full it is looking nice .hope it comes out the way i want it to. lol:oops i should have practiced this before starting. oh well i always one to jump in with both feet.

Archived