scarf CAL

bobwilson123

It's getting colder here in the Philippines so I'd like to make some for me and my partner. Can I still join?

oh oh, i have lots of scarves i need to make too...can i join??

of corse you can !!!!! :welcome:hi

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooooooo, I LOVE making scarves. I love wearing them, too! I moved from Southern CA to WA this year so I'm happy to be able to wear scarves more often!

I've got 2 in the works right now... 1 is one that I started while hubby was in the hospital and I needed to keep my hands busy while sitting bedside... long story but he was up here already (WA) and I was still living in So Cal and up to stay with him while he recovered from Emergency appendix surgery. Anyway, popped into the local WalMart, grabbed some yarn and a hook, and just did back and forth rows of stitches - so this scarf is pretty wonky. Gott get it done!

Got another one that I'm making in a made up pattern of crossed dc's using 2 strands of fingering weight alpaca (one light green, one dark green). That one is going fast.

Meanwhile, I would love to show some that I made last year or so... you might have even seen them before but it's been a long time ago...

detailmomsscarf.jpg

momsscarf1.jpg

Skinnyscarf.jpg

jazzyscarf.jpg

Fringygreenribbonscarf.jpg

favoritemerinoscarf.jpg

Scollarfront.jpg

Goodness knows, I've made many more scarves than I ever took pictures of... darn it all! But, here's a few that I did get pix of. I'll post pix of the ones I'm working on soon!

I look forward to seeing more of what you ladies are making!

I've made 4 scarves in the past few weeks. I took pictures of them, but can't post them just yet. I don't want to ruin the surprise for my swap partner ;)

I'll post them once she has received them (but I guess I gotta mail them so she will get them) :lol:lol:lol

Qmare---WOW those are some awsome scarves,, I love them all but especially the olive green one that looks it angles to a point!!!

Can't wait to see the next two!!

Sorry for your hubbies trouble,, I would have done the same exact thing:hook gotta have yarn for all that waiting.

DreamsOfYarn :laughroll Funny how that works!!!

Oooooooooo, I LOVE making scarves. I love wearing them, too! I

Meanwhile, I would love to show some that I made last year or so... you might have even seen them before but it's been a long time ago...

detailmomsscarf.jpg

favoritemerinoscarf.jpg

i really love these two !!! What pattern is it ??

Oh dear, I suppose now I need to find my camera cable...I finished a scarf that is like filet crochet, and says to thine own self be true...it's a lot shorter than most scarves i make, but the person i made it for likes shorter scarves anyways...i will post pic later

Thanks for all the compliments! I will have to get the stitch patterns from my crochet encyclopedia and post what stiches they are... no real pattern but I just find a stitch that I like and go with it.

Now, my neice has my book... but I ordered another one. Anyway, I will figure out what they are and see if I can write it down!

:yay

Wow! Some great scarves!! I AM NOT making scarves for my students this year. But I am making scarves, at the moment for a Marine Unit and the swap. Also, since I love scarves so much I'll be making more, so I'll pop in to see all the lovelies.

Now that my swap partner Becky (creativepassage) has received her scarves, I can post the pictures of them. I had a real hard time getting the first one to show the true color. It is white and trimmed in purple, not blue like the picture shows. I had so much fun making them. I have a few more in the works right now.

th_BeckyBernatSofteeChunky1a.jpg

th_BeckyGemstone1a.jpg

th_BeckyIcelandicJewelAmethyst1a.jpg

th_BeckyTLCEssentialsBlueJean1a.jpg

All Clickable

Very nice!!! Dreams... your swap partner is very lucky! I love your scarves!

I've still gotta get the stitch name posted for you all on mine...

I finished one over the weekend (green alpaca done with rows of crossed dcs) and am almost done with another one (fisherman colored woolease done in small cables). I work all week and have animals, too, so it won't be till this weekend that I can get pix. It's been a brutal week!!! Top it off, I have to go in for a sleep study tonight... oye!

So, I'll talk to you all later!

Wonderful scarves !! Where did you get the patterns? Are they online?

Now that my swap partner Becky (creativepassage) has received her scarves, I can post the pictures of them. I had a real hard time getting the first one to show the true color. It is white and trimmed in purple, not blue like the picture shows. I had so much fun making them. I have a few more in the works right now.

th_BeckyBernatSofteeChunky1a.jpg

th_BeckyGemstone1a.jpg

th_BeckyIcelandicJewelAmethyst1a.jpg

th_BeckyTLCEssentialsBlueJean1a.jpg

All Clickable

Thank you NSS, Qmare & LegalWoman17. I love making scarves. They work up pretty fast.

The first scarf is the One Skein Scarf from the HH S&B book, the second and third one are just DC, and the last one is alternating HDC & DC.

Here's my first scarf. It's a "Ravenclaw" style done in HDC using Caron Soft yarn for my oldest boy. It's not yet completed though. About halfway done, I think and then I want to do a "Gryffindor" scarf in burgundy and yellow and another simple one using fun fur for me. Will post as I complete them!

1552102908_9ac1dea326_m.jpg

1552101758_05d87fc834_m.jpg

Here's my first scarf. It's a "Ravenclaw" style done in HDC using Caron Soft yarn for my oldest boy. It's not yet completed though. About halfway done, I think and then I want to do a "Gryffindor" scarf in burgundy and yellow and another simple one using fun fur for me. Will post as I complete them!

1552102908_9ac1dea326_m.jpg

1552101758_05d87fc834_m.jpg

:clap Very nice afernandes!!!

:yes Welcome,,your little boys are sure cute!!

Thank you Carol. I hope she likes them.

Here are 2 more scarves I made over the weekend. The black and white one was very hard to get a good picture of. Everytime I took a picture, it came out looking blurry. I need to learn how to use all the settings on this camera.

These 2 scarves are for 2 orders I have gotten from co-workers. One order is done, I have 2 more to make for the other order, then have at least one more order after that. I sure am glad these work up fast :lol

th_AranFleckSean1.jpg

th_AmandasZebraScarf.jpg

clickable

Thank you Carol. I hope she likes them.

Here are 2 more scarves I made over the weekend. The black and white one was very hard to get a good picture of. Everytime I took a picture, it came out looking blurry. I need to learn how to use all the settings on this camera.

These 2 scarves are for 2 orders I have gotten from co-workers. One order is done, I have 2 more to make for the other order, then have at least one more order after that. I sure am glad these work up fast :lol

th_AranFleckSean1.jpg

th_AmandasZebraScarf.jpg

clickable

Mel, these are VERY NICE!! Love the black and white one!! Is there grey in there also?? or was it the camera??

I gotta get busy and post now,,

:cheer thankx for sharing these

Mel, these are VERY NICE!! Love the black and white one!! Is there grey in there also?? or was it the camera??

I gotta get busy and post now,,

:cheer thankx for sharing these

Thank You!!

The black and white does have a little grey in it. I used RHSS Zebra. Everyone that sees it loves it and wants one. I have done 2 and have at least 2 more to do for orders. I'm glad they work up so fast.

Archived