scarf CAL

bobwilson123

slicer!! :D the scarf I liked last week was a belt!!

You've been busy:yes ,I like them alot!!!

I've been doing several similar to yours,,except cha cha yarn,everyone likes those,,, nothing extra special really, though

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to join in! I found two really cute patterns on CrochetMe and I'll like to give them at try.

http://www.crochetme.com/zen-and-the-art-of-stash-diving

http://www.crochetme.com/shelly

Feliciter, I've done the Shelly scarf a few weeks ago and it works up nice, and fast too.

I'm having trouble with row two of the other one, but I really like it so I hope someone can help... When you sc after the turn, then sc in the 3rd chain (of the previous row's chain 5) and then sc into the 2nd chain,... I've got that, but to then start the repeat I'm not sure where to go? You're at the start of the 3 sc's which were done between the chain 5's. I think I should do a chain 3 to stretch across that (to where?) and then do my next sc in the 3 chain of the next 5? So should I put my next stitch in the 3rd sc or the bottom of the 2nd set of 5 chains.

Thank you all so much!

Deb, I'll see if I can figure out what Fun Fur it was. I picked it up at Michaels for $1 a ball when they had a sale the beginning of January.

Slicer, those are nice scarves. Did you use 1 color skeins or 2 separate together?

I'm half-way done with mine. So far it looks o.k. considering it's my first scarf. I'm trying to figure how long to make it. I'd like to make a hat to match as well. Hoping to finish it off this weekend.;)

Hi Desiree,

I used two skeins of the same color to make the fun fur ones. And I varied the number of stitches across to get different widths. I found that 7 dc across worked best, for the length and width, then I added fringe to most of them to make them a bit longer.

Another tip...most scarves are made as tall as the person they are for...But an approximate measurement is usually ok.

Amy

:hi

havnt made a scarf for a bit

here is one i made for my mum, but i added a fringe after i took the pic, mum changed her mind:D

excuse all the flesh showing:lol its summer here :sweat

not sure how the pic is showing up, but the green is a nice apple green

IMG_1051.jpgIMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1058.jpgwhat loose ends:eek

Thanks Amy. The scarf will be for my daughter, but you never know, I may want to wear it too.:D She's almost as tall as I am.

Pretty scarf Clare. I like those colors. :)

Desireé

I finished another scarf last night. I used Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewels and the color was Diamond. I can't take a pic right now, cause my camera is on strike at the moment.

BTW, Hobby Lobby has that yarn on sale this week ;)

th_100_0963.jpg

th_100_0962.jpg

click

HI Gang,, :yes love all the pretty scarves here

I've been lazy with posting ,:eek I've been making these by the bagfull, One skein fancy fur,,very skinny ,,very long.VERY fast:D

I sent about 20 with my niece so her co-workers could paw through them. This is the one that caught my eye, I liked how the colors stayed in pattern.

Hi Clare,,, You were very :devil naughty:devil to start the other cal,,tempting us to indulge the stash!!!

I have tried the Shelly scarf and found it fun and easy. Looks cool when finished! I used TLC Essentials in choco-cherry (variegated browns, creams, and rose-pink) and love how it turned out. I haven't put the fringe on it yet, and I haven't taken any pics either. Guess I'd better get to it before spring finally decides to stay!

Has anyone tried them before??

I have made 32 of my 46 scarves, so far. The first 3 I made were "Harry Potter - Gryfinndor" scarves. The rest I have just been making up as I go along. I tell the kids that I start crocheting and it turns into whatever the yarn wants to be :yes I have been using mainly DC and 1/2 DC. Last night I made one for Jazmine. It was a DC for 2 rows in pink, then DC for one row in lime green then four rows of DC, chain, DC of a variagated and then the green and pink. I haven't made them too long, as they are for 8 and 9 year olds. I have one more to make for Michael, then I am done with one class and have 13 more to make for the other class. Except for the HP scarves, all the designs have been different. I am only using Red heart super saver because it is the cheapest and also there are some great colors for kids...... I'll take a pic of the kids with their scarves, at some point...

I am now done with one class. I have made 23 scarves for that class. Last night I made Michael's to look like the Polish flag (obviously because he is Polish and very proud of it) So I have 13 more to make for the other class........

I also bought yarn- some bright green Fancy Fur to make a scarf for ST. Patty's Day and possibly another one with sequins in it. We shall see.....

TammyG---- You're almost there :cheer :cheer sounds like you're having a blast making them all different and SPECIAL !! Hope you have a chance to get a picture.

What's your time frame ??

:clap:hook go girl

Well hopefully before the last day of school in June :eek No seriously, by the end of March, it is still very cold here. I had to take one home to do some repair, it got mangled in Robert's locker. His is a NY Yankee scarf. I just started on another tonight, but came on here, so won't do much.

I have 10 1/2 left to go.... I finished 2 the past couple of days and am working on a third. It will be done today. I may even sneak in a 4th :eek

I forgot to take my camera to work. Hopefully I'll remember tomorrow and take a few snaps of the kids wearing them.

Okay I have a few pictures, but can't figure out how to insert/send them. They are on snapfish now and my computer, how do I get them here? It took me HOURS to figure out how to get them to those two places. By the way I am down to 9, yes 9 to go. I did make a small one for myself the other night

Archived