A guy from Austin, TX

baricrazi

Hi yall' from Austin. I am a guy 31 years old and am tryinig to teach myself to Crochet. My reason for learning is to bring back all of the memories of my late great-grandmonther who loved to Crochet. I know that it is a little uncommon for men to take up this hobby but it is something that I think I will enjoy and a way for me to re-connect with my childhood and my family.

So far things are starting slow. I'm still practicing the SC and hope to move on to the next stitch soon. I am looking forward to making some nice things for my wife once I get the hang of it. By the way, my wife doesn't know how to Corchet but is fully supportive of my ambitions to learn. I look forward to the wealth of information that is provided on this forum.

Happy Crocheting!

Welcome. I learned to crochet a little over a year ago and it has definitely brought back some sentimental memories of Oma (my grandmother). Matter of fact because of this website I finally found the pattern to the last afghan she made.

:welcome, I don't know why, but I like seeing the guys joining here! And some of the nicest pieces shown on this site, are submitted by the guys of the ville! hope you like it here!

Welcome to the Forum!

While it is unusual (at least for me) to see a guy crochet, I think it's great that you are attempting it. My dad used to embroider and didn't Rosie Greer knit?

I like the fact that it reminds you of your relatives. My Grand-Aunt taught me many, many years ago. She also taught me knitting, but somehow that didn' t stick. LOL:knit:think

I wish you good luck and I am sure that you have tons of supporters here.

Laurie

That is exactly what I am having a problem with. Once I get it worked into the first chain I am fine excpet for some reason my ends don't seem to end up straight even after I have counted my SC's (1 less than the amount of CH). The hardest for me is when it says to insert into the 2 loops I only see 1. If I insert it in just the 1 it looks just fine. I guess I will just have to keep on practicing and eventually I guess it will hit me. :)

Thanks for all the encouraging and quick responses.

Yeah I do have one less SC than my chain but it still ends up uneven on the ends. The swatch I am working right now seems to be much better but still a little uneven, maybe just tension problems. I guess I'll have to work on that.

welcome!!!!!

hello its good to know that there are some men out there that want to learn I tried to teach my little sisters boyfriend he just got frustraded after about 5 mintues then when outside i guess that some men have the time to do and learn this trust me after you get the sc its pretty much easy from there.... enjoy and we are all here if you have any questions.....

Archived