Tiny Striped Turtle

KristieMN

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I looooooove this pattern!! I am still so new to crochet so I have been wrecking my brains about the "sc-dec"... it says single crochet decrease by 2 stitches, but I'm still not quite sure what that means. :think If anyone can help me about this that will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Kristie for the adorable pattern.

I looooooove this pattern!! I am still so new to crochet so I have been wrecking my brains about the "sc-dec"... it says single crochet decrease by 2 stitches, but I'm still not quite sure what that means. :think If anyone can help me about this that will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Kristie for the adorable pattern.

You pull up a loop in one stitch then pull up a loop in the next stitch then pull through all loops on hook. You're making 2 stitches into 1.

You pull up a loop in one stitch then pull up a loop in the next stitch then pull through all loops on hook. You're making 2 stitches into 1.

Ahhh... i see.. thank you Chiscrochetcrazy, you just saved me from banging my head against the wall for not being able to figure out what to do.

Sure will!

If the stiches seem too tight...just go up one hook size.

Kristen

Just to let you know I made this adorable creature with Red Heart and F needle. It turned out great! I do not have a pic...wish I did.

Ahhh... i see.. thank you Chiscrochetcrazy, you just saved me from banging my head against the wall for not being able to figure out what to do.

I am sorry I didnt see this sooner!

Thanks Alisha for helping out!!

I love to see how others turn out!

This seems to be by far, a favorite pattern.:lol

I cant tell you how many times I have seen pictures of them on other forums!:clap

• 4 weeks later...

stripeyturtle.jpg

Tiny Striped Turtle

Stuff and sew head to turtle body.

Sew legs on the underside of turtle.

Sew tail onto turtle tush.

Enjoy your turtle!!

This may be EXACTLY what I need ... but I want your advice first. If I stuff the head with quick drying batting can I use the body to contain a small ball-shaped soap with some sort of a closure (your advice needed for that too) for a kid's present. I have a 3rd old and a 5yr old I'd like to do this for.

This may be EXACTLY what I need ... but I want your advice first. If I stuff the head with quick drying batting can I use the body to contain a small ball-shaped soap with some sort of a closure (your advice needed for that too) for a kid's present. I have a 3rd old and a 5yr old I'd like to do this for.
Oh my word! A turtle soap holder! Man, that would be cute! If you make it, I'd be interested in seeing pics!

Archived