KristieMN

Tiny Striped Turtle

278 posts in this topic

i just wanted to say these will be perfect for the different charities i am making things for ty

judy langley in sudbury , ontario , canada

Here's my version! I named him Pete. Thank you SO MUCH for this pattern; I've gotten so many requests for them! They're so quick and easy to make that they're perfect gifts.

pete.jpg

I made one! His name is Humphry. Tonight I think I'll make him a female companion named Ingrid. :P

Picture133.jpg

These are so cute! I can't wait to get home from work and make one of my own. Thank you so much for sharing your adorable pattern!

Kristen THESE tiny turtles are the cutest!!! Did you know that THEY are what first brought me to CROCHETVILLE???? I did a search and they came up

and also OldBagLady's Dragon was the other thing I was looking for and

I noticed they were being tested and I had no clue there even WAS SUCH A PLACE ... to find ladies to test. So a couple months later when I did my little

monkey, I remembered your turtle and VOILA!!! Here I am... thanks for

your GREAT EXAMPLE and everyone who's done your turtles... they are

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

stinkin cute!!!! (Sorry, I know they're not smelly... that's what I get for

being around a hubby and 5 boys for most of my married life (25 yrs!)!!

.....................:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug ................................

Thank you PeggyToes!

That is very kind of you to say!

You have made my day!:c9

I can't wait to make mine, I saw a cute turtle in one of those japanese books and thought about buying it, but I should have known you'd be able to design an even cuter one - Kristie, you're the best!

wow, that is absolutly amazing. I just had to do it. I just finished the body. There should be more people like you,very or should i say extremly talented, and so sharing. I mean, i could never share as well as you:D

Hi I'm new here, I linked from another page to this cute pattern and then I linked to your kristieskids page and found your other adorable patterns.

I'm having trouble with the nose part of the cow. Could you help me? In the first row, the last two stitches, do you turn before you work them, or do you just go backwards or what? And you work them on the starting chain or on the new stitches? I'm confused... I stay that way. I'd really appreciate the help. Your patterns are so precious! I want to make the cow for my baby nephew.

Just like many other posts.. I had to join and look forward to trying this tomarrow(ive loved turtles since i was little i have a collection of around 30-40 lol).. I just started crocheting again(my grandma taught me when i was around 10 in 20 now) and ive been looking for small projects to get me going.. I have so many blankets i have started over the years and never complete :( Thanks for the inspiration!!

Hi I'm new here, I linked from another page to this cute pattern and then I linked to your kristieskids page and found your other adorable patterns.

I'm having trouble with the nose part of the cow. Could you help me? In the first row, the last two stitches, do you turn before you work them, or do you just go backwards or what? And you work them on the starting chain or on the new stitches? I'm confused... I stay that way. I'd really appreciate the help. Your patterns are so precious! I want to make the cow for my baby nephew.

Good Morning!

I just replied to you in my blog also.... basically, you will be turning the entire chain, and working in the underside chain of the work.

When you join with a slip stitch to the first sc made, this will make an oval shape. So, after you 3 sc in the last ch from the hook, turn the work just a bit, and work in the bottom side of the origial chain you made.

I hope this helps...if not, please let me know. I will take some pictures for you.

Thanks!

Kristen

Thank you all for the compliments too!

I love to hear that others enjoy my patterns!

They are adorable. Pretty good work for making an entire pattern in one day.

Good Morning!

I just replied to you in my blog also.... basically, you will be turning the entire chain, and working in the underside chain of the work.

When you join with a slip stitch to the first sc made, this will make an oval shape. So, after you 3 sc in the last ch from the hook, turn the work just a bit, and work in the bottom side of the origial chain you made.

I hope this helps...if not, please let me know. I will take some pictures for you.

Thanks!

Kristen

Thanks, I went ahead and worked it that way and it looked fine so I figured it would at least do, lol. You got my post in your blog? It kept telling me there was an error to try again. I hope there isn't like 50 of the same message...

Will these make up okay with Red Heart Worsted Weight yarn?

Sure will!

If the stiches seem too tight...just go up one hook size.

Kristen

Sure will!

If the stiches seem too tight...just go up one hook size.

Kristen

Great! Thanks so much for sharing, Kristen! They really are adorable.