Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

Wow, Tracey! Your work is beautifully done...the colors are terrific, too. I love the fact that so many of us broke away from colors used in the pattern. The final "reveal" for this CAL is going to be incredible!:yay

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you lady's for your kind words. I hopeing that as more is added, the colors will tie in better.

...when I look at the pattern and see where else some of the colors will be going I don't think that's going to be a problem, Tracey. :hook

Here's the star...blue is Cape Cod, the outer color is Garnet

It is pretty easy...but I never would have attempted this without the encouragement here!:clap

th_HPIM0008.jpg

I can see I'm still losing the detail...next time I'll explore the "menu" on the camera:D

:clapGot my yarn today!!! I thought I would start with the star as well. I don't usually use a G hook, but I will for this one because I only have 15oz of the varigeted and it calls for 14. I need to make sure I have enough of that.

Did you all use a G hook as well???

Mine are about 2 inches, but I am using a baby weight yarn. I was going to make this for my old assistant that lives in Florida now, but the colors are wrong for a guy. More so that he is at Emery Riddle ( all male college) I will give this one to a freind of my Margie. She is an older woman with limited strength, and the colors fit her well. I will have to pick out manly colors and do this ghan again, as Bry picked the blue star as the pattern he wanted. I have till summer before he returns.

Well, I'm still making those granny blocks! I only have 4 done for the inside near the star. Hope to get the other 4 done so I can join, then take a picture! I hope that next round of light blue goes quickly, since it's just round and round! These grannies are a bit tedious... but I'm weaving my ends in as I go, so that definitely adds to the time. I'll thank myself later..... right?

Tracey, I'm both a fast crocheter (which led to me frogging a couple of rows because I wasn't paying attention) and I also found the pattern to be easy - much easier than it appeared to be when I first saw the list of directions! :yay

I'm also very happy that I went up at least one hook size for each brand of yarn I changed to...I was watching how the color changes fitted in when I went with a different brand of yarn and saw that I have to continue doing that or the piece won't lay flat.

I am liking the way the Soft white then the Country Rose and then the Windsor blue look so far on the star. I have not had any trouble with the pattern as of yet. the star seems fairly simple so far. We shall see how things go after I start to do grannies and put it all together.

Hi, I have my center star done and am now working on the nine patch squares. Question: do I also attach the nine patch to the star, as I go, the same way that I am connecting the nine patch or do I attach it as a whole block after each block is completed? Also, my star doesn't want to lay flat very well. I know I have done it correctly, will it eventually lay flat, as I continue with the other blocks? I am only using colors that I already had on hand. I'm not buying any more yarn. LOL

Good morning everyone:hook I am not MIA..........I have just had lots of going. Seems like there are time when I all I do is go go go! Not complaining, :D after all, got to hit a few craft shops while down in the valley! :cheer

I decided last night to go ahead and rip my afghan out to the star, and redo. I am so happy I did.......I used an "H" hook and it is so much better. I will take a picture and post. Even tho I missed picture Fri.....:lol

Everyones work and colors are terrific.... Judi, you are quick!!

Can't wait to see more!

peni

Hi, I have my center star done and am now working on the nine patch squares. Question: do I also attach the nine patch to the star, as I go, the same way that I am connecting the nine patch or do I attach it as a whole block after each block is completed? Also, my star doesn't want to lay flat very well. I know I have done it correctly, will it eventually lay flat, as I continue with the other blocks? I am only using colors that I already had on hand. I'm not buying any more yarn. LOL

Rose~ You have to do the 9 patch and put a border on two sides, then you will attach each 9 patch to the star as you crochet the border on the star. So you have to have all 8 9-patches done before the border of the star can be finished. Does that make sense.

Archived