Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

kwoolls - I'm not sure, as I don't have my star in front of me, but... you're missing "stuff".. :lol I think your FIRST round of green is wrong, which is messing you up with the 2nd. Hang on, let me get mine...

OK, well it looks like you're good on your first row of green. Your 2nd row isn't right, though. Your first 2hdc looks good. Your 2nd hdc cluster is good, too. The 3rd one that is in the "same" hole as the 2nd is in the wrong space. The stitches in the 1st green row that are right AFTER the 2nd hdc (and third hdc) cluster you have should be "2dc, ch1,2dc". Your 3rd hdc cluster goes in the ch1 space in the middle of those two dc clusters.

Again, same thing for the 3dc clusters. Your first one is in the right spot, butyour 2nd cluster neds to go in the ch1 of the "2dc,ch1,2tr" space of the row below int.

Glad you posted a picture, cuz your hunch was right!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad i posted a picture....I did a bad thing and went to AC Moore and decide i was changing my colors...:eek I am going to use Soft White, Frosty Green, Med Purple, Orchid, & Watercolors verigated...

So i will frog the burgundy and green and see if i can get this right...

Will post another picture when i am done.....

Thank you all so much for helping me...I hope you don't mind but i printed the pictures to see if that can help too...

Be back later with another picture...

Karen

I am on the last row of the star and it is driving me crazy. I think I messed up like 2 rows earlier becasue it is a mess where I have to start the row. I finally quit last night and will go back to it tonight. I may end up ripping out 3 rows if it doesn't come right at the end. I wish they had a close up of the star. Sometimes it's easier to see what to do than to read directionsm if that makes any sense.

:think

Looks like we're all:thair at one point or another. I was just working my first round of the color change (Cape Cod Blue) on the star and realized that - halfway around the LAST part of the ecru - I made one too many a group of trc!! That's what I get for rushing...next time I'm going to make a quick check of every completed row to make sure I don't do that again.:yes

Frogging my work twice, this early in the pattern is not fun:no

Tracey, it looks like you have 2dc twice in one side and just 3dc in the other side. That could be just the pic though...

LOL it's the picture, you can't see the other set of dc's on the top. I went back and counted everything to make sure it was correct. Of course I had to count all of the points cause I don't remember which point I photographed this morning.

First I want to Thank Krystal, Tracy, & Miztrezzlyn, for all their help...

Here is 2 more pictures and my center is finished :clap :clap

2007_0125afghanstar0006.jpg

2007_0125afghanstar0008.jpg

Thank you Thank you for all your help so far....I finally figured out what i was doing wrong....Told ya blonde moment :yes ..I was putting the 2 hdc in the same space and when i went to the dc i was putting them together too .... Tell me if i am right now Please!!!!

Karen

Yep, Karen - that's what I was trying to tell you, but wasn't clear, I guess! You've got it right now, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your colors! What did you say your variegated is?

DON'T Forget, taking a line from the QUILT CAL - Tomorrow is PHOTO Friday! I am just getting back into my BS tomorrow. I finished my daisy afghan! I'm going to wash all my donation stuff tomorrow, pic and pack it, then mail it out! :cheer

TTYL

No Krystal your picture is what got me through it...You explain just right...

The verigated will be watercolors...

Started making the squares to attach but that will be tomorrows project....

Picture Friday :clap Hopefully i will have something added to my Star to post something....

Thank you again for all your help!!

Karen

kwoolls - I *lov* those colors!! I am not familiar with the watercolor variegated, I'm gonna have to go look it up, it is Red Heart? I can't wait to see more of it =)

I won't post a picture today because its not that much farther along than it was, I have some of the squares for the 2nd round of 9-patches starated but the center isnt that much farther along after I frogged some of it. I have one more round on the border and I ll be done with that. I hope I can get it done today, today is errand day and also my day for cleaning my bathroom and bedrooms so I ll be kind of busy today.

Archived