Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

Peni, I woke up with another thought: I've worked with thread and have caught myself not drawing the loop of the stitch down on the hook toward my fingers - which, from what I've read, is what gives you the gauge.

I hope this makes sense...I had a broken night's sleep with a G.shepherd who has chronic "GI" issues.:P

And I'm also sure the weight of the afghan will flatten out everything!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I ended up going to sleep early last night. I finished the 1st row of the second color on the star, before going to bed. All night I dreamt I was crocheting this afghan. The last thing I remember is finishing the whole ghan and looking at it. In stead of the pinks and purples I am working with, the ghan was done in autumn colors of reds, oranges, yellows, variagated orange/yellow and cream It was really weird. I would have never choosen colors like that. It looked pretty, but that is what woke me up this morning. I wish I could crochet the whole afghan in one night.

Tracey. I have dream of crocheting while I am sleeping, but I have never dreamed of using a different color for something.

OK.. NO more waffleing on colors.

I have decided on Red Heart. Soft White, Courntry Rose, Rose Pink, Windsor Blue and Wedgewood Multi color.

I ordered this last night, should be here first of the week next week. If they don't go the I will run into Hobby Lobby and get a replacement for something.

http://www.discountyarnsale.com/auto_resize_blowup.cfm?prod_images_blowup/RHSuperSaverLargeNew1.jpg

Peni, I woke up with another thought: I've worked with thread and have caught myself not drawing the loop of the stitch down on the hook toward my fingers - which, from what I've read, is what gives you the gauge.

I hope this makes sense...I had a broken night's sleep with a G.shepherd who has chronic "GI" issues.:P

And I'm also sure the weight of the afghan will flatten out everything!

Good morning Judi and everyone,

I forgot I have to go with hubby to the heart dr (first visit) so I will take a picture of star this afternoon and post.

Judi I understand what you are saying, and I know sometimes I catch my stitch being up by the hook............so I bet I am just too tight on my stitches. I also was wondering if maybe my blocks are too tight, and my star I finally loosened up on and when I crocheted them together that is what made them pucker???? Just a thought..... I will look closer this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone, talk to you this evening.:hook

peni

Okay, Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I ended up going to sleep early last night. I finished the 1st row of the second color on the star, before going to bed. All night I dreamt I was crocheting this afghan. The last thing I remember is finishing the whole ghan and looking at it. In stead of the pinks and purples I am working with, the ghan was done in autumn colors of reds, oranges, yellows, variagated orange/yellow and cream It was really weird. I would have never choosen colors like that. It looked pretty, but that is what woke me up this morning. I wish I could crochet the whole afghan in one night.

Ok Tracey, I want some of what you ate before you went to bed last night!!:rofl :rofl I would love to get this ghan done in one night!!

peni

Diane, those colors sound like they will definitely work beautifully together:clap

Thank you. I think they should as well. I guess we will see when I get it and start to put it together!!!!!LOL:lol

Peni, I had a very late lunch of tempura shrimp with eel sauce, and then a little bailey's irish cream. Yesterday wasn't an easy day for me, and I don't normally drink those types of beverages. I think that is the part that gave me that type of dream.

Tracey - ANY time I have fried food from a restaurant (chinese, chicken fingers, etc..) I get HORRIBLE HORRIBLE nightmares... Never had tempura shrimp NOR eel sauce, might have to try those if it gives me crochet dreams :yes ! There was a study in the UK about different cheeses giving you different types of dreams as well. Pretty neat!

Diane those colors will be beautiful together...I have used them many times for different afghans and they really come out pretty!!

Thank you.

The blue is my fav blue and I have used the two rose colors together before and I love them also. I have never used soft white or the varigated. I do think they will be fine. I can't wait to get started on it now!!LOL:hook

GRRRRRRRRRR: I'm stuck hope someone can help me....:think

I'm on Row 13 of the Star ...what has me confused is the 2 hdc in next ch1 sp ch 1 (twice) Is that a total of 2 or 3 also at the end when you get to almost around that one says 3 times...

Hope i am making sense... And hope someone can help....Is that part suppose to look like a shell or am i doing something totally wrong...

Thank you to anyone that can help me .....Guess i am just having a blonde moment :yes :yes

Thanks Krystal will try that ....So it looks almost like a shell in those spaces until you put the squares on...Is that right ???

I will do it that way and before i go any further i'll take a picture maybe then you can tell me if i am right or wrong....If that is ok?

Thanks again

Karen

Well, I got my star finished, and am back to working on my squares. I finally decided on the colors for the 9 patch around the star. SO I am working on those. I did the star center in white, then amethyst, and bordered in garnet. The squares bordering the star will be in white, pink and bilberry blue ( Dark Purple)

Morning Ladys, I hope everyone has a fine day. I got all eight centers done on the 9 patch, and 1 1/2 completely done last night for the ones that go around the star. Today is auction day, so I may get a chance to work on it again at work. Will talk to ya'll later.

I stopped off after work and found the most beautiful variegated yarn at Joanns. It's Red Heart "Woodsy". Now I can finally get started on this afghan.

kwoolls, are you still having trouble?

Tracey - glad to hear you'remaking progress!

Laurie - I really like that color =)

As for me, I had to go through and declutter my crochet area (part of my weekly thing, I declutter once a week) Man my crochet area can get messy after only a week. This time though I went through and seperated all my yarn by type of yarn (chunkies, baby, redheart, simply soft) and also went through my WIP's its embarrassing! LOL

Also, I was working at full speed on this afghan and then realized I had made a mistake on the round before the one I was working on so I had to frog it back to that point...I know its not that big of a deal since it was only about a full round's worth but...it sucked :(

Well, back to working on it some more, and here I thought I'd be done with the border round the other day :D

Miztrezzlyn.. i have to say i put it down for last night...i was getting more confused as i went along...I think i am doing it right but my Question is ...When you do the hdc x2 does it come out looking like a shell you know curved...Does that make sense...I have frogged this part at least 6 times...:eek But i am determined to get it :yes I will take a pic today and see what you think..

I really appreciate all the help...You gals are the best!

kwoolls - I'm hesitant to say "yes", it comes out like a shell, because it is SLIGHTLY shell-ish, but not completely. Your 2hdc clusters are ALL each in a different ch-1 stitch, so they're spread out down the side of the star. Are you able to post a pic of that area on your star (tip to inner corner, maybe?) so we can let you know if it's right?

Here it goes....

Here is the Center:2007_0125ebay0005.jpg

ANd here is the part i am having trouble with :

2007_0125ebay0004.jpg

Sorry for the pictures being so big I don't know how to make them smaller...

Archived