Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diane - that is awesome!! Yah I saw a few afghans I would *love* to do in there hehe

Donna - If you only knew lol I had 2 whole days that I agonized over which colors to go with and my hubby helped me decide. It drives him crazy cuz I will talk about it incessantly until I have everything chosen and ordered/purchased =) I am really happy with the way it is coming together and I do love the colors.

Like I said before, the only thing I think I did any differently was I chose a variegated that I *really* liked and then built the solids up from there.

Well, we have been so busy today, I didn't get a chance to work on my ghan today. I am going to try to work on it a little bit this evening as everyone has disappeared to their rooms. I will talk to ya'll in the morning.

Yah that is nice, Krystal =)

I did not get to work on my afghan very much yesterday, I was all set to snuggle in and work hard on it but Tristan had other ideas, so after MUCH playing with him, I settled him in my lap most of the day and did some reading.

He has some days where he is content to play and "unplug" from mommy and other days where he is literally attached to me all day, yesterday was one of the "attached" days =)

It's good though, I will miss those when he gets more independent.

Maybe today, I will get to work on it some more. I would really like to have alot more to show on Friday for pictures.

How is everyone else doing?

Blondie, It all depends how fast you crochet and of course the time you have to crochet. To me it is working up quickly, I just don't have the time to get any crocheting done. DH has been jealous of my crocheting as of late, football season has ended with only the superbowl left. I swear men are just big babies sometimes.

I hope your freind with breast cancer gets through it alright.

I think this afghan is absolutely beautiful and I would love to make one. I think I have the book at home but I'll have to check. Is it too late to join this CAL!?!?!

Never too late =) We'd love to have you join us, the more the merrier!

Tracey - Thats the funny thing about men, my hubby isn't too bad about it, he doesn't mind my crocheting very much. He knows I love to do it and we still do lots of talking and/or watching TV together while I do it. Now, if I could just convince Tristan to stop being jealous of it =) He will sit in my lap and lean against the work or my working yarn (cuz he knows it stops me) and even will shove the work away from me lol

SOMETIMES he will be across the room and see me PICK up my crochet work and come across the room just to stop me, forgetting whatever toy he was playing with and demand its time to play with him =)

He has done that before hehe I got some pics of it and had posted it somewhere here on the boards. It worked well for a few days but the "magic" wore off and it doesn't keep his attention very long anymore :D

I haven't done it in a couple weeks, though. Maybe I'll give it to him again and see if it works =)

I got my colors for the Blue (NOT!) Star!

th_HPIM0005.jpg

The lightest color isn't white - it's Aran. The others are Buff, Painted Desert, Claret, and Cape Cod Blue (Teal)....:cheer :cheer :cheer:yay

Krystal, it's certainly going to be unique...I got a lot of positive comments on the colors when on line in Michaels this morning, too. I like the Cape Cod Blue because it's not really blue:lol ...more of a teal. And it was easy choosing the varigated first, like a couple of others here did, then holding it up against the other colors.

I'm going to work on one of my other CAL's right now...and then start playing with my new colors!:yay Can't wait!!

Archived