Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies

Mind if i jump back in??

I had decided not to do this one till i was done with my PS...but my DD really loves this one so i guess im back in.I thought i would make it for her birthday...now to pick out colors...

Serena,

If you can do granny squares, you can do this one. The stitches are not that difficult, and the directions are written well. I would start on the center of the afghan - if you can get to Round 6 of the star, that's the most difficult it will be. Besides, we're here to help :D

Serena, this pattern is pretty simple even though it doesnt look like it.

Shay welcome back look forward to seeing what colors you are doing

Tracey I couldnt see the photos, I just got a sign in page.

How has everyone been going with their BS. I have a pic for you all. I wanted to put it on here tonight before I go to bed as Im going to Melbourne for a holiday tomorrow to watch the Australian Open Tennis semi finals and womens grand final.

I am really liking my colors now although I have never been a fan of brown.

MVC-049F.jpg

Wendy~ Wow that looks great, the colors are working up beautifully. I can't wait to see all of ours finished.

Serena~ Girl this isn't that hard. Round six was a bit troubling, but I plowed on thru it last night. Then went off to bed. I will finish it today more than likely. I can believe how fast this works up.

Sorry no one could see the pic's. I am at work this morning so I can use a real camera and post my question again. Just have to have my tea to wake up a bit. Back in about ten minutes or so.

Wendy - That looks great =) I really love the way this afghan works up

I know I said I would post pics a couple days ago but I wanted to get a couple more rounds done on the border. I have 4 rows to go before I gotta go back to making more squares and the wedges. I ll post pics of my progress so far in a little bit after Tristan has his breakfast.

Serena - Aww well I hope you reconsider, I really do think this is not that difficult..it looks like it is, I know! If you do decide to change your mind and give this a shot, we'll be here to help =)

Shaylen - Welcome back! =) Tell us what colors you're going to use.

Okay here is my pic's better ones anywho, And my question was should I try to find a varigated or does the colors I have look okay.

square 1

blue1.jpg

Or would this be better

blue2.jpg

Or would white in the center, dark purple in the sides and pink in the corners work the best. Sorry confused on what I thought I wanted. I haven't worked up the different squares as of yet. I pieced the rose, purple together then stiched the amethyst from the one square that is finished.

Wendy, that's a beautiful color combo! It also happens to be the latest in color schemes... on this side of the world, at least.

Beautiful!:clap:c9

Okay here is my pic's better ones anywho, And my question was should I try to find a varigated or does the colors I have look okay.

square 1

blue1.jpg

Or would this be better

blue2.jpg

Or would white in the center, dark purple in the sides and pink in the corners work the best. Sorry confused on what I thought I wanted. I haven't worked up the different squares as of yet. I pieced the rose, purple together then stiched the amethyst from the one square that is finished.

Tracey, it depends on how bold you want it, I think. The second pic appeals to me, but that's personal preference. Your other possible choice: I wouldn't go with the white in the center framed by purple...maybe framed by pink, then purple. A gradula deepening in colors... I also think if you tried to introduce a varigated you might have trouble in both matching it and possibly making it too busy - only one woman's opinion.:hook

Good luck! I always agonize over color choices...because of that I may end up having my own problems choosing an alternate color scheme when I get to the store.:think

Wendy - BEAUTIFUL colors! (And I don't like brown!)

Tracey - I like the top pic. I don't think you need a variegated at all. I would just put whatever colors you want wherever you want them. That's what I'm doing - who says "A" has to go in the center, then "C" next, etc. Do what colors you like whereever you like - and you could even wind up with 6!!!

Wendy. Love yours so far.

Tracey. I agree with Judi "Tracey, it depends on how bold you want it, I think. The second pic appeals to me, but that's personal preference. Your other possible choice: I wouldn't go with the white in the center framed by purple...maybe framed by pink, then purple. A gradula deepening in colors"

Tracey - I like the top pic. I don't think you need a variegated at all. I would just put whatever colors you want wherever you want them. That's what I'm doing - who says "A" has to go in the center, then "C" next, etc. Do what colors you like whereever you like - and you could even wind up with 6!!!

Krystal, I LOVE your idea! :clap

This pattern is taking on a life of its own...and I haven't even picked out the yarn. I'm planning on having a lot of fun with this one!:lol

Ok here are some pictures, I was LUCKY to get a single picture without Tristan in it. As soon as I laid the afghan on the floor he was on it, and wouldn't stay off of it :D

I hope its okay to post the other couple pictures, lets say its just so you get an idea of gauge!! :lol

bluestar4.jpg

bluestar5.jpg

bluestar6.jpg

bluestar7.jpg

It seems its taking me a while to work on this, I think because I haven't worked on it as hard as I did that one day so the progress is SLOW in comparison =) I hope to maybe get the last 4 rounds of border done today and then I get to work on those other 20 9 patches :eek

What a cute little boy you have, Enjoy him while he is young. I miss mine being that small. They just grow up way too fast. Now I have to look up to my son as he is 6'1" and a mind of his own. LoL

Thanks =)

Tracey - Yah I have 3 other children..ages are 17, 15, and 12. The 17 year old is bigger than me and yah..acts like he is 30 years old :P

I am completely enjoying him being so small and of course I think he is absolutely adorable, he is 18 months old and I still think every little "normal" thing he does is cute =)

One of my favorites is he asks to have his shirt taken off, so I take it off and he makes a beeline for the floor length mirror to "check himself out" its so adorable, I don't know why he does it, but he LOVES to look at his belly :laughroll

miztrellen,,i just saw your afghan and fell in love with it,, i wish i could just put together colors like that,,and have them turn out looking so good...i always have to think everything has to match just exactly so so...you proved wrong,,,now i wish i coudl go get different colors,,,but i'd be back to square one not knowing what to pick out!!! oh welll..guess some of us just have a knack for knowing what looks good automatically....looks great@@@@@

Archived