Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

Thank you, peni - I really do love the daisy afghans. They are so beautiful because each person has put their own effort into the squares! I have to make 4 more (less depending on today's mail) because I forgot I wanted 8 rows, not 7.

I am alternating cleaning with crocheting, so the day is going pretty well. When I clean, I make the kids clean too. Then we all take a break. :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal I am loving the quares for your chairty. I just looked at your blogspot and saw the square I sent you!LOL

You know, You said in your blog that you oooh and ahhh everytime you open an envelope. It is the same way with me and the ALS afghan I am doing. I have gotten many squares from many folks and I get excited everytime I see a large envelope in the mail. I absolutely love opening them and admireing every square that I see!!!

LOL Krystal @ the crochet arm in ice watter comment =)

You know what is funny, I took a "break" for a day from this afghan and what did I work on to "rest" my arm? Doilies!!:think It certainly was NOT a break for my arm AND wow I haven't worked in thread in a while LOL

On another note, I *did* go to AC Moore and I was bad :devil I came out with 3 skeins of Med Thyme, 3 skeins of Frosty Green, 3 skeins of Warm Brown and 3 skeins of Aspen Print + a 1 pounder of a Buff-ish color called Lace. I just could not resist, and an A to Z Afghans book :yes

I have been eyeing the Prairie Star for another project sometime soon-ish and wanted to get colors for it, BUT I I*just* realized it takes 6 colors...Now what do I do? LOL hnmm white?

I am not sure how much of a savings it was, I have never really bought RHSS because I hated how it feels but, I am giving it a chance (since its a really good deal and they have SOOOOO many colors). It was $1.78 a skein for the 7 oz. skeins. The Caron One pounders were 2 / $8

Thanks for the suggestion of soft-white, I too was thinking that white would be too much. So...Off white? What is the equivalent Caron One-Pounder or RHSS for the white you mean?

Caron 1# doesn't have that -they have a cream, which is yellow-y. The "Soft White" is RHSS. It's basically white without the eye-blinding sharpness.

So they didn't really offer that big of deal on those as they already had lately. I'm glad I didn't go out there expecting some wonderful sale. I haven't seen $1.50 on RHSS in a while - $1.78 is the best I think we're going to get from now on.

My bicep has a cramp in it from crocheting and whipstitching squares together. I am losing my desire to sit and crochet, crochet, crochet... I do one square and then get up and do something else, then go back... can you believe it?

I want to get this afghan done so I can get back to the BS.

Morning everyone, I slept in its nearly 9am. I must have been tired from doing all those little squares yesterday for the casablanca.

Krystal - I love your blog. Your daisy squares are beautiful and I understand you have them sent from everybody and you put it together for charity.

How does that work in sending you squares.

Lyn - sounds like you got a good bargain on some yarn yesterday. thats excellent. Are you going to do the prarie star later on. I have been watching everyone else do that one over on the quilt cal. It looks very interesting to do.

Diane - Did you get your book today.

Wendy - I love my blog, too! LOL!

I offer the pattern to anyone that wants it (just email me) and in return for the pattern, I ask that each person sends me one square. Instructions and addy are in the pattern. I read you got rain today - congratulations, that must feel wonderful! Was it a good rain, or not really?

Yeah, Dianne - did you get your book today?

We need another person to get us jumping again!

Wendy - Yah, I am, I've been dying to do it evrer since I saw it but for some reason it intimidated me. Also, I had no idea what colors I would do but now I know =)

Krystal - Thanks for the color info, I will have hubby grab me some of that then, I just wish I had thought / knew about needing that when I was there today.

I did some more on the afghan today, I will have to take a pic in a bit to post.

Wendy I sent for the pattern too :yay .......Thank you Krystal :hug It will be a nice break from granny squares.........

I do have all my first 8 sblocks done, now I shall go back to the star. Looking forward to getting it to look anywhere near an afghan! :eek:rofl instead of a pile of squares.

:think Wondering~~~~did you get your book today Diane?

Fingers still crossed.

peni

yay!!!! i just got my book today and am going for the yarn tomorrow...big problem though..i've been thinking about it for a week...i can't decide if i want to go with earth colors..off whites,tans taupes, browns,,or bluish-greenish colors,,,do you think there is any way i could work them both in there?????? i know the contrast if so important and i know you need a POP out color........so confused....................

yay!!!! i just got my book today and am going for the yarn tomorrow...big problem though..i've been thinking about it for a week...i can't decide if i want to go with earth colors..off whites,tans taupes, browns,,or bluish-greenish colors,,,do you think there is any way i could work them both in there?????? i know the contrast if so important and i know you need a POP out color........so confused....................

:clap:cheer:clap:cheer Yeahh Donna.glad you got your book.

peni

Lady - show me a pic... I wanna see.... I'm good at colors, too. Honest!

BTW, if I listed my YIB's, I would run out of room in my sig!

I haven't worked on mine today, as I've been finishing my charity ghan. Learning as I go! I have current progress up on my blog. Don't know if my arm will handle another day like today - my bicep aches!

Diane - Did you get your book today.

Nope. I need to check the site again and see if anything has updated.

I want my book so that I can get my yarn for this one while I have a little money set aside.

Diane, do you need the book to buy your yarn. You can look at the book on the amazon site and even print it out as its on the cover.

Lady, your colors are beautiful makes me wish I had stuck with blue myself but at the time I couldnt find a varigated.

Yes Wendy. I am basically waiting for me book to get yarn. I really need the visual. On the first post of this link there is a guide for how much yarn is needed. But, yes. I do need to see it to get it. I will see if I can print out the cover and I know that will help.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Discountyarns is one of the fastest places that ship out yarn...I put in a order last Friday and i had it by Wednesday.....Very quick and great customer service...

Just got this book and am thinking of joining this CAL.. It will be my first one...

Tomorrow i will try and decide what yarn i would like to use....Can't wait to get started..

Archived