Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

He is pretty good but still keeps a reign on my yarn purchases hehe He is just recently experimenting with crochet, but he is really enjoying it so far.

Its funny tonight I let Tristan hold the rabbit (still in progress) and he would NOT give it up :laughroll He was running around the living room with an incomplete rabbit and just loves it. Took some coaxing to get it from him so Dad could finish working on it :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of yesterday, it is fortunate that I live alone... :wlol

I wouldn't admit to anyone, beyond the cashier, all that I bought. But it was all absolutely necessary...harumph

that's my story and I'm sticking to it :wlol

Diane - yep it says to do that. I guess if you have a light varigated you dont have to worry about the effect. But in my case my varigated has very dark bits of yarn. Everyone has said it looks great. thanks for that.. so I will just continue as normal. How long before you get your book. I was lucky it only took 9 days to get here from America. Thanks Mr Postman.

Well. That is just nuts. I am sure that I will not be cutting out any of my yarn. Hopefully I will get the book between tomorrow and the 29th. That is expected delivery date!!!!!!!

Well since I didn't order a varigated, guess I won't be cutting a dark section either. Just wondering, Am I the only one that couldn't choose a varigated. I have always shyed away from them. don't know why, Okay I'm weird. I admit it. But at least I don't have to cut up yarn to make a blanket. Geez, I hope some of my Yarn gets here tomorrow. I so want to be sallowed up in making little squares. Wait :oops What am I saying???

Darski your so funny:lol

Tracey I did have trouble finding a varigated but then I found this one and really liked it. I hope you get your yarn soon.

I have been busy today making heaps of squares for my casablanca. I do have to take equal turns on my projects otherwise they get jealous.:)

LOL sorry I am horrible with remembering who is doing what, I didn't mean to call you the burgandy girl :laughroll

I thought the appellation was cute:manyheart

Now I'm not sure again... UGH! I showed my DH the pattern, he thought it was really neat. Then I showed him the colors, and he said "I don't like the yellow in there". But I KNOW there won't be a blue that will match and be in-between, either! I suppose I could do ecru? I wonder what that would look like.

The other thing is that I started a few two-color grannies for a quilted 8-point star afghan that I adapted from a regular quilt. It only TAKES the blue colors, and I really like the pattern. I can't make both, so maybe I'll just stick with that one since I don't like the yellow.

I'll probably change my mind four or five more times before I decide for sure..

I have been busy today making heaps of squares for my casablanca. I do have to take equal turns on my projects otherwise they get jealous.:)

I'm trying to do the same thing...which probably means I may be at this CAL for quite a while:P

Aaw Krystal! Well, whatever you decide, but I really did like the yellow. But if you wont have enough blues to do both then you certainly have to make a decision =)

The variegated thing, I have always had a problem with variegateds but I wanted to put it in this so I chose a variegated I liked first and then that was going to determine the colors I put into the afghan. I built the solid colors around the variegated color. It helped that on the Peaches & Creme site they list the variegateds and which solid colors are in it so thats what I used to order the other colors.

Well, I sure wish I could find the light country blue, too. This caron one-pounder isn't quite right to me. :( Anyone know of an online source for it? I can't seem to find it here (RHSS)

I was thinking that MAYBE I will Do the blue star, but instead of having the center be white, then the next round of the star yellow (color A), maybe I will have it be the light blue istead. That would keep the yellow to just accents in the squares. I could tolerate that a whole lot better.

I'll see if I can find some RHSS in Light Country Blue Somewhere - for a reasonable price. :D

Alright, I got a delivery of Yarn today, Only it is for the two blankets I have on the back burner, the Heaven and Earth and the Battle of the blocks. They were ordered last week from Joann's :woo But still no Yarn from Herrschners. :cry I am going to call them today to find out more information, talk to a supervisor who can maybe find out what happen to my order.

Peni, If you can email them to me, I can post them on my site and give you the link to show them on your post here.

Ladykats@gmail.com

Hi Tracey, my hubby finally got his new gadget to work on my camera/computer so I have a couple pictures to send you of my yarn and one block........I have since got the blocks more finished, but I didn't want bug DH again....lol I will update later. I have got more blocksdone, but I will never catch up with Mitz.

Mitz, you are on fire, not sure any of us will catch up with you..:clap You go girl!!!:cheer

peni

Now I'm not sure again... UGH! I showed my DH the pattern, he thought it was really neat. Then I showed him the colors, and he said "I don't like the yellow in there". But I KNOW there won't be a blue that will match and be in-between, either! I suppose I could do ecru? I wonder what that would look like.

The other thing is that I started a few two-color grannies for a quilted 8-point star afghan that I adapted from a regular quilt. It only TAKES the blue colors, and I really like the pattern. I can't make both, so maybe I'll just stick with that one since I don't like the yellow.

I'll probably change my mind four or five more times before I decide for sure..

Krystal. I really like the cornmeal with the colors you posted as well. I made an afghan with the cornmeal with dark and light rose and light sage. It was beautiful.

Miz, I love your idea of picking the varigated you like FIRST and then building around that. It makes so much sense...even to my illogical mind!:P

Okay ladys,

It is time to rant and rave again. I received the yarn from Joanne's today, only of course those are for the two blankets I am making after this one. So I called Herrschners to find out if they knew when my order was coming in. They had not been able to get any tracking info before. So I find out that the first box with three of the yarns have shipped on the 12th of January and they are expected to be here on the 19th. The white was on backorder and had just come in and was set to ship the other day when I called. The navy was on back order till the middle of February. That is when I changed to Garnet and asked to be charged with a rush shipment on the white and Garnet as the white was still in their warehouse. Well they shipped only the Garnet as a rushed shipment, it should be here between the 19th and the 24th. The white on the other hand is still sitting in their warehouse waiting for shipment. So I told them to keep the white and that I would never ever buy yarn from them again. I figured I have three yarn stores near me and that I should be able to find some yarn to replace the white once I get the rest of the yarn in. I will get some of the yarn in on Friday and we are going out of town again this weekend ( friday evening). So I guess I might get to start on this CAL by Sunday.

I have really learned my lesson in this, I will never buy yarn from Herrschners again.

Geez Tracey, thats just awful. I don't blame you for not wanting to order from them again, I wouldn't either :(

Peni - LOL @ your comment about me working so fast, but I am taking a break from it for a day (today is anti-procrastination day) and I am finishing the bunny I started for Tristan like 2 months ago :laughroll

Hubby is almost done with his and I'm jealous that he is actually finishing it so I need to finish mine too! :D

Judi: I would go crazy trying to pick a certain set of colors and THEN picking the variegated, I'm awful about it having to be just right, that's why I was unhappy with the blues (didn't think there was enough of a contrast) but they'll be alright I think.

Ok, here goes

{img}http://www.tandgmotorsinc.com/Yarn.jpg{/img}

{img}http://www.tandgmotorsinc.com/Blockone.jpg{/img}

My colors are Lt sage, Dk sage, Frosty, Aran, Fall

<fingers crossed this works for me>

I went with these colors because I had all in my stash except the Fall, but IF I do another, I will do differant colors. It is so neat to see what every one is using.

Thank you Tracy

Guess it didn't work Tracy????????????

Morning Everyone

Tracey - I just cant believe the run around they are giving you. I cant blame you for not buying from them again and I bet they didnt care when you told them that. I hope you get all the yarn soon so you can start on sunday.

Krystal - that cornmeal color would have looked great against the blues but I guess you have to be happy with the selection.

Picking out a varigated and trying to find colors that matched was really hard.

Archived