Mark your calendars! Great Event! :cheer

Woolfest

June 23 & 24, 2007

9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Lake Metroparks Farmpark

8800 Chardon Rd; Kirtland, OH 44094

(440) 256-2122 · 800-366-3276

www.lakemetroparks.com

Discover how hand-spun products are created from the fleece of farm animals at Woolfest. The festival provides visitors a close-up look at fiber-producing animals and a marketplace featuring fiber art vendors from owners from across the Midwest. Herding, animal shearing, and fiber processing are highlighted demonstrations throughout the weekend. A Fiber Arts Show is on display in the Visitors Center.

Admission $6; ages 60+, $5; Youth 2 - 11, $4; under 2, Free

Two-day admission, additional $1

Where is Kirtland?

Ohio

Well yes, I meant where IN Ohio? I'm near Cincinnati--how far of a drive would it be for me?

Well yes, I meant where IN Ohio? I'm near Cincinnati--how far of a drive would it be for me?

Kirtland is up near Mentor & Willoughby Ohio. From Cincinatti is about 4 hours. To get a better idea from your starting point try mapquest.com.

Or better yet maybe click this link They give directions from Columbus.

http://www.lakemetroparks.com/select-park/farmpark.shtml

I've been to this Fest twice. The second time, I passed up the animals and went straight to the vendor's building. FABulous selection of hand-dyed and handspun yarn. I was so excited, I could hardly stand it!! :c9 I wanted one of everything, including the spinning wheels.

It's great for kids, too. Lots of sheep, alpacas, llamas..and you can visit the horses. I would advise you to bring a snack or bag lunch and wear comfortable shoes. Lots of walking.

Terry :heart

I've been to this Fest twice. The second time, I passed up the animals and went straight to the vendor's building. FABulous selection of hand-dyed and handspun yarn. I was so excited, I could hardly stand it!! :c9 I wanted one of everything, including the spinning wheels.

It's great for kids, too. Lots of sheep, alpacas, llamas..and you can visit the horses. I would advise you to bring a snack or bag lunch and wear comfortable shoes. Lots of walking.

Terry :heart

My first time there was last year. I could not believe how huge the place was and all the animals. I enjoyed the sheep herding demonstration too. Very cool.

I just tempted a friend with this. I live in Dayton, but have a lot of family up in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area! This would be a really fun day.