Square donations for an afghan for an ALS donation.

dilyca2006

Good afternoon all. My BIL was diagonsed with ALS early in 2006. We are requesting help in making squares for an afghan that will be raffled or ebayed off to raise money for ALS. We have decided that different shades of blue would be wonderful. If you can help, I would like 8 inch squares, you can finish off the edges and have them ready for me to put together if you will. Also. I will be using Red Heart worsted weight yarn. I usually use an I hook when I use this yarn, but whatever you all use would be wonderful also.

I know that I have not been here long and that we don't know each other well, but I have seen the caring in the pages here. I would love to put together a patchwork afghan for this cause.

My email address is dianeca1627 at aol dot com if any one has questions.

Thank you very much.

Diane in IA

I wanted to remind everyone about the new 40 posts/60 day membership requirements for Crochetville members to be able to access this forum. Because Dilya is such a new member, she won't be able to post to this forum until the end of February (I think).

We are discussing letting people who have not met this requirement have read-access to this folder, so there is a possibility she will soon be able to read any posts in this thread, although she still won't be able to post.

So for right now, please send Dilya a PM if you need to get in touch with her about this project.

We're sorry for the inconvenience these new changes are causing, but they are necessary for the ultimate good of the forum.

I thought that I had posted earlier, but it is not showing now.

I want to thank Amy for making it possible for me to get back to and on this post and thank everyone who has commited to making a square or two!:clap

Thank you for that NIkki.

I will make afghans as long as I get squares for them. If you have not seen this and are just seeing it for the first time. I will take as many squares as you want to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone who has helped with this. I don't know if I have gotten ahold of everyone. I am around 30 squares short of being able to make 3 afghans. Anyone who wants to help I am still accepting squares.

8 inch. Most of the ones that I have gotten are blue because that is what I had asked for. I do have some, however, that are not white or blue, so, if you have leftover yarn and want to use it up, any color will do.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived