L hooks

sammimag

Where do others find L hooks? Ideally I would prefer an aluminum L/8mm hook do they exist anywhere?

You can get an N alumnium hook why not an L?

I really don't like crystalites/plastic hooks. I might be okay with a wood hook. I did get a bamboo hook but really didn't like it. I like the feel and weight a metal hook has.

I was looking for an aluminum L hook a couple of months ago and couldn't find one. I had to settle for the Crystalite L hook - which I hate. I much prefer using aluminum.

I've never used wooden or bamboo, so I'm not sure if anyone makes an L in this.

I agree with you about the N hook, if they make an N, why can't they make an L :think

Before Christmas I found Aluminum crochet hooks in L, M & N sizes at my local Jo-Ann's. They are a brand I never heard of and I didn't keep the packages they came in and the hooks themselves are not marked. They are shaped very similar to Boye hooks. They were really cheap at less than $3.00 a piece.

I like them, they seem to work fine but I like the shape of Boye hooks the best anyway.

I have always had a hard time using a wooden hook but loved them cause I don't like cold hooks. Well anyway I got a few wooden hooks that are made out of exotic woods and they tend to be heavier (more like the weight of aluminum ones) than ones made from just hardwood. G3Studios on e-bay has wonderful ones. Hubby made me a few from the exotics also. Mine from rosewood, cocobolo, ebony, zebrawood things like that are heavier than ones I got a yearish ago made from hardwoods we get from the us and canada. Those were too light for me also. The wood doesn't zap the heat from my hands and they are a dream to work with and you can find them in the larger sizes easier than finding them in a stire which for me I could find l, p, Q. And the man from e-bay his hooks aren't horrible expensive either.

I bought an L and an M at Joann this week. Sensations brand, I think? It appears to be their in-house line. They were v. cheap, under $2 each. Haven't had a change to use them yet, but they do appear closer to Boye than Bates.

Now if only I could find an aluminum P!

I have seen the 3 pack...L,M,N...at Wal-mart and Joanne has them individually. I wanted the whole set of Sensations for Christmas...but...that didn't happen:no . I think:think AC Moore has them, too.(The L,M,N singles).

I found L's and M's at Hobby Lobby under their brand name at the store yesterday for $2 each.

Just thought I would share.

:manyheart

I found L's and M's at Hobby Lobby under their brand name at the store yesterday for $2 each.

Were they aluminum? If so I'll double check HL sometime this week. I forgot to look there when I was there last. Drats!

Archived