What's your favorite stitch?

iSiSfae

I recently got The Crochet Stitch Bible and love it :manyheart

i've tried the snowflake pattern using thread, and it came out really good for my first attempt at thread crochet.

i love the motif squares, especially the french square. need to try that one. and the tunisian stitches are useful as i've recently fell in love with tunisian crochet (afghan crochet)

i was wondering... for those of you who have the book:

what's your favorite stitch/pattern that's featured in The Crochet Stitch Bible??? :scrachin

I love working with front or backpost stitches. I like the texture it gives and you can do so many different things with it. Flowers, basketweave, etc. So I guess I'd have to say it's my favorite.

I am not sure what this stitch is called.;

But you make a chain ;no of your choice.

Like for a discloth chain make 35

Double crochet in the 3 chain from hook. sc all across.

Then ch2 turn. you sc in the double of the last row and double in the sc.'

it makes a really thick pattern for dishcloth or potholders when uses Peaches and Cream or Sugars and Cream.

I too like the post stich and the popcorn or the cluster stitch. pinkroses

I've done the snowflake pattern in there and loved it too. But actually, I LOVE the Paris Stitch, the way it works up, it auto scallops 3 sides of the work, and then you work the stitch in the remaining loops of the foundation chain, and thats all you have to do to have a beautiful border on the piece you are working on. I loved how simple it was, and it's sooooo sooo pretty!!

I just got the Crochet Stitch Bible for Christmas! I am currently working on a baby blanket using the Paris stitch - it works up fast.

I like the looks of the Thistle stitch. But then, I like pretty much everything in the Fans and Shells section.

• 1 month later...

I really like that book. I used several stitches from it for scarves

for gifts for Christmas. I used the Arcade stitch which works well with

variegated yarns. The Parquet stitch was good for men's patterns.The Star stitch was easy and looked good. The Peacock stitch looks really elegant.

Those are the only ones I have worked with out of this book. But there are lots of things I would like to get around to using in there!

• 1 month later...

I must say, I haven't used much out of that book other than the directions. I'm just not as fond of that book as I am of The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches, which I love, love, love. Especially since I also dabble in knitting when I feel patient enough. Half of the book is knitting, half crocheting. I love the Silt Stitch from that book. But, the Crochet Bible does have prettier edgings than the ultimate sourcebook.

I hate motif and squares. I've never been able to crochet circles or squares. I just don't get the whole joining rounds thing, and am never sure where one round ends and the other begins, or how to join with a slip stitch and where the needle goes when you do it on rounds.

I hate motif and squares. I've never been able to crochet circles or squares. I just don't get the whole joining rounds thing, and am never sure where one round ends and the other begins, or how to join with a slip stitch and where the needle goes when you do it on rounds.

Have you crocheted with thread at all?

The joy of thread is that it really allows you to actually SEE your stitches and it helps when you do yarn.

Thanks to thread, I have no problems with joining because I know what the stitches look like.

:devil

Just love love love crocheting full stop. Love trying all stitches. At the moment with the type of afghans I get requests for the main stitches are single crochet and bobbles.

• 1 year later...

I got this for Christmas as well and have been trying all the different stitches. I love it but do not have a favorite yet as I have not tried them all! It is so much fun I keep starting projects and never finish anything!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

My favorite stitch is the shell stitch (groups of three dc separated by a ch). I'm making a shawl for myself in shell stitch. I love making them, so easy and I love the pretty pattern they make.

• 3 months later...

Mine is most definitely the HDC. It doesn't tend to get stretchy and holey like the DC, and items go up a lot faster than they do with the SC. There are so many things you can do with it, too, to give it texture, so the HDC is my absolute favorite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived