Sign in to follow this  
2junebugs4me

Finally came up with a unique baby shower gift...

I made an "emergency diaper change station", lol, or at least that's what I call it. I got the idea from all the hook cases everyone is doing (I made one for my mom for her knitting needles). All this is, is three "pockets" that fold up like the hook case, and instead of a button closure, I made a cord that wraps around to tie it closed. In the pockets you can put a couple of diapers, a travel wipes case, and a waterproof changing pad, and maybe a "stuff sack" (for dirty diapers or clothes). It's the perfect size to put in your car under the seat, hence it's name, lol. I made the pattern up myself, and I wish I had a pic of it (I may still take one, lol) but I've got to figure a way to get it onto my computer, lol. Now, to refine it (maybe in sc instead of hdc, lol). It's also done in cotton yarn instead of regular ww (I think cotton takes to washing a bit better). Now I can't wait to see if my cousin likes it, lol.

What a great idea! :)

Wow, that's really cool!

What kind of stitch and yarn did you use? I'm thinking something like that would need to be pretty sturdy ...

Sounds neat! I would love to see a photo!

that sounds awesome...would love to see some pictures!

Lori

That's a great idea! I know with kiddos there is definitely a need for something like that.

If you are taking pics with a regular camera you can get a CD made at the same time as you are developing the film. Or if you have a friend that has a scanner, they can scan the picture for you.

That's an awesome idea. Methinks I may have to make one for my sister!!! :ideanot

Bec :cg

That's a great idea! I would love to see pictures of the one you made! :)