Amigurumi CAL

budgie_bat

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to make a girl doll with long luxurious hair, I cross posted over in the help section, but my question is, how do you make lots of yarn hair on your creations? Is there some secret post that tell you that I don't know about? I need to make it strong, so that hopefully there's no chance of it coming undone with normal baby/toddler wear and tear. I want to be able to do this for my daughter too, so any help would be appreciated.

I might crochet a hat that I wold sew on to the head of the doll then hook on yarn over the stitches of the hat to make a wig. You'd attach the yarn to the hat like you do when you add fringe.

If it's for a baby or toddler I'd avoid hair. You could make an animal doll (not that us humans aren't animals) I have a free pattern here you could use. Then make some clothes for it too.

Okay, so I haven't posted in a while, I've been too busy with a teething babe, and a grumpy 3 year old to *gasp* crochet :eek! I am planning an amigurumi to make as a baby shower gift for the soon to be big sister, I want to make a girl doll with long luxurious hair, I cross posted over in the help section, but my question is, how do you make lots of yarn hair on your creations? Is there some secret post that tell you that I don't know about? I need to make it strong, so that hopefully there's no chance of it coming undone with normal baby/toddler wear and tear. I want to be able to do this for my daughter too, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mia,

I saw somewhere that one way to attach hair is to do it in the style of latch hooking. I'm wondering how you would hide the knots, though.

Hi everyone, I've been following your CAL and debating about joining. I did get to pattern test "Squibly" for nutsaboutcrochet13 though so here they are.

They were my first attempt at amigurumi, and were really easy. My only problem is that I tended to get spaces when I did the decreases, am I doing something wrong? Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening?

th_DSC00518-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am new here and just found this CAL and I hope it's not too late to join in as I have found loads of patterns I would like to try out. Made the mistake of showing a cat to my sister and have a request to make 2 amigurumi cats. One for her and one for her boyfriend, said I would make tham a small one each 1st then do larger ones later.

:cat

My only problem is that I tended to get spaces when I did the decreases, am I doing something wrong? Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening?

That's normal. I like to leave long tails when I sew up my ami's then I can weave in the ends behind and through the stitches at the base of the head where the decreases usually are. That hides the spaces a bit.

The Squiblies are cute!

chickandtheduck.jpg

Have been busy over the weekend making cat toys for a friend who has just got a 12 week old kitten from the RSPCA, made a mouse and a fish and stuffed them with cat nip (sorry no photo), have also made a turtle, chick and a duck using Kristen M's pattern. The turtle turned out a lot bigger than I thought it would, so have turned it into a pin cushion.

The chick's name is Flick and the Duck's name is Pooh (used disney wool).

I think they are really cute!

I've only just come across this CAL - and it looks like I've missed it :(

But if there are still people crocheting for this then perhaps they would be interested in a really cute pattern that I came across recently for a little amigurumi bird...

http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2007/02/19/birds-of-a-feather/

I've had a go at making one and they are so simple and quick that I think I shall have to go and make a load more. My first attempt can be seen on my flicker account which is at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/loopy_jess (sorry about the fuzzy photo - camera trouble)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone mentioned Amigurumi SO I went and checked it out

I showed my dd and she went nuts, she sat right down and is almost done with her first one. Has her second one planned.

Anyone still doing them? or this CAL

I'll post picts when she is done.

They are so cute

Archived