Amigurumi CAL

budgie_bat

dear folks i have been a part of this crochet along only in reading your post but i have to tell you that i too love this amigurumi and feel like a little kid with stuffed animals again. the colors are so bright and the little critters are all so wonderfully crazy it just has to make you smile. i make lots of these to give away to friends who need a little pick me up. i have enjoyed all the pictures and hope to see more. i would love to be able to keep this one going for a awhile. i think i may just have talked myself into joining in oh no!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds cool! I love amiguramis, they're adorable, I've just never made one myself. Might have to try to get in on this CAL since amiguramis are pretty simple and don't take TOO long to do, esp. the smaller ones.

Oh cool! I'm glad I found this thread, I really love amigurumi. I have tons of books, and downloaded patterns, but haven't made very many yet. I would like to join if it's not too late? I haven't joined a CAL before, I just joined this board not long ago. I'm going to go through this thread and look at all your wonderful gurumis. :)

My octopus ami is DONE! :yay The last four arms went much quicker than the first four arms. The trick is to make sure the contrast stitches are really loose. Especially the slip stitches. Then it's not so hard to get back into them. I'll get a picture in the next day or so. I ended up stitching the eyes and mouth on. The chihuahua pattern is adorable. :yes Toyo and Kimbo are both cute. :cheer It's fun to make something small as a break from my afghans and bedspread.

• 2 weeks later...

It's so easy to find a small Valentine's Day gift for a female teacher but what do you do for for an elementary school teacher who happens to be a male?

Make one of these --

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/lmse/Crochet/DSCF0079-adj.jpg

The pattern is the male from Crochetsal's Pet Rock Irish Couple. I changed the hat to red in honor of Valentine's Day plus it's my grandson's favorite color.

Here's a Dragon I made. It's the Baby Snow Dragon but I made him in purple. He's so cute and I'm making another one. I'm also working on an other one the Amigurumi Dude. Once you made one you can't stop. How's everyone doing on thier Ami's?

Pat A.

Last nite I finished the Amigurumi Dude in purple very close to this fonts color. Don't have the face done yet or anything else. I'm deciding if I'm going to make a hat and cloths for it. It was so simple and fast to make once you concentrate on it. I'm now thinking to try and make one up just to see if I could. I'll post pictures later when I have more time.

Pat A.

Is this cal still going on? do we just crochet one on our own and show it or are is there a special pattern to use? I had started one before joining this board, had a bit of trouble with the arms and legs:( I'd love to make a bunch of different ones for my kids. Would be cute for the Easter baskets...........................Lise:yarn

Is this cal still going on? do we just crochet one on our own and show it or are is there a special pattern to use? I had started one before joining this board, had a bit of trouble with the arms and legs:( I'd love to make a bunch of different ones for my kids. Would be cute for the Easter baskets...........................Lise:yarn

Yes it's still going on. I wasn't really in this cal but I just had to make one of the baby snow dragon and the Amigurumi Dudes and I started another dragon and a small bird. I like making these small things cause you don't have to wait too long to see the finished project.

There's no special one you have to make. You can do anything you want. What are you making now?

Pat A.

Yes, its still going on. I've been really busy in the last few weeks, so haven't had any time for crocheting, but I haven't forgotten it. ;)

There's really no set pattern we're doing, just make what you like, and show everyone your work. If you have any problems with a perticular pattern, bring it up, and discuss it. I think thats all we ever started this CAL on. :)

Happy crocheting! :D:hook:hug:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I haven't posted in a while, I've been too busy with a teething babe, and a grumpy 3 year old to *gasp* crochet :eek! I am planning an amigurumi to make as a baby shower gift for the soon to be big sister, I want to make a girl doll with long luxurious hair, I cross posted over in the help section, but my question is, how do you make lots of yarn hair on your creations? Is there some secret post that tell you that I don't know about? I need to make it strong, so that hopefully there's no chance of it coming undone with normal baby/toddler wear and tear. I want to be able to do this for my daughter too, so any help would be appreciated.

I made this quite awhile ago and it's been posted on Craftster but it fits in with the amigurumis so I hope it's okay to show it again.

t23635812.jpg

This dog was from an old Crochet World magazine and the original pattern had the dog on it's four paws like a regular dog. I simply sat him upright and now he's my version of the knitting dog Gromit.

t23635790.jpgt23635828.jpg

The crocheted chair is from a Kitty Couches pattern. I just made it smaller.

Archived