Amigurumi CAL

budgie_bat

Cindy, the polar bear's super cute!

I too have had to put off my little ami, I'm working on an afghan/lapghan for my grandma-in-law and a cross-stitched tattoo for my dad for their birthdays on the 9th :help! I need to get the afghan off to Iowa by at least Friday!

I'm also trying to figure out what to do, either and owl, giraffe, or peacock- I want to try to do an original pattern, but I may just end up modifying one. I'll try to figure out what I'm going to make hopefully by this weekend and then let you guys know!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mia - wow you dont have much time left. Are you going to be able to finish it.

Samantha - I cant wait to see your amineko.

I came home tonight to find my book waiting for me. I cant wait to make one of these. Kelly wants a purple striped critter and Emma wants a pink and white bunny. I quite like the giraffe and the frog. hmm Im going to be busy arent I.

I have started my critter and did you know I have never crocheted in the round before. Something new to me. Its easy though. I have nearly finished the head then realised you need the filling before you finish so now have to wait until tomorrow when I go to Spotlight.

i finished a mushroom done in tapestry crochet, (two colors) kind of a curving striped spiral around the top of the mushroom amigrumi. too darn cute if i do say so myself! i used a multicolor yarn and a solid. so wish i had access to putting pictures on here.:think hope everyones getting there ami's done! dani

I finished my Amineko today!

You can see pics and info on my blog here

Thanks for looking:)

Do I make another one or something else? I think this might be my incentive to make so ami's to give to some local charities.

Samantha,

He's so cute:yay I have the head done on mine, preparing to start the body. Did you use pellets in him or just fiber fill?

Oops, I forgot to mention that on my blog. I made small pellet bags for the feet and hands. I made a large one to insert in the body. I filled the rest of the body and parts with poly fiber fill (except the legs and arms) I update my blog with the info too.

Where do you get the pellets to put inside and do you just put a few in to weigh them down.

I got mine at craft store I think Michael's. I made the feet/hand bags somewhere between a marble and a small rubber ball . The body one I made smaller than a tennis ball.

<jumping into the water>

Many years ago when I was a teen ager, I used to make stuffed animals in a way similar to amigurumi. I guess I was amigurumi when amigurumi wasn't cool. :P

I'm adapting the crochet dude pattern into (I hope) a dog. Or something similar. I hope. After all, this is supposed to be amigurumi.

I'm adapting the crochet dude pattern into (I hope) a dog. Or something similar. I hope. After all, this is supposed to be amigurumi.

Welcome:)

I made a bear with that pattern. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cindy I went to spotlight today but I could only get the googly eyes not the shanks you used. I also bought the pellets which I didnt know you could. How do you put them inside so that they dont fall out and do you just put a few in the bottom.

I also bought the pellets which I didnt know you could. How do you put them inside so that they dont fall out and do you just put a few in the bottom.

I sewed little bags out of broad cloth and put them where I want them the as stuffing as necessary.

Cindy I went to spotlight today but I could only get the googly eyes not the shanks you used. I also bought the pellets which I didnt know you could. How do you put them inside so that they dont fall out and do you just put a few in the bottom.

Thank you to everyone who said such nice things about the Amigurumi bear!

Hi Wendy!

Go to a fabric/sewing shop for the buttons. They weren't available at a crafts store.

I used plastic pony beads instead of pellets because that's what I happened to have lying around. I stuffed the bear's bottom and then nestled the pony beads inside the stuffing. The pony beads were big enough that they won't fall out between the stitches. The bear won't be used as a toy, it will sit on a desk or bookshelf. If he would get more use, I'd sew the beads into bags like Samantha does.

A nice little booklet that I found is Gourmet Crochet's How to Crochet Adorable Amigurumi by Christina Christmas Savage. Full of nice patterns. Remember how I said the symbols confused me at the transitions? Well this booklet made it very clear what I was missing! It's available on ebay.

Cindy

Cindy I bought that booklet from Crochetaustralia. Its a great little booklet with all the animals in there. Im making a purple critter and a bunny for my girls. Im not very good at sewing and stuffing etc so not sure how it will come out but I will post a pic once its done.

I was looking through CPC and found an ami style bunny on the Lion Brand Website. If you haven't joined the site to get to the free patterns you may have to join to see this one here.

I thought it was pretty cute.

well how is everyone going. I have nearly finished my critter. The only problem I have is I cant find the half ball shanks that are used for the eyes. I only have the googly eyes which I may have to use. I cant believe I have gone to 4 shops and no one has the proper teddy eyes. Its so frustrating.

Archived