4 ch-1 sp

Sandee

Question

25 answers to this question

I'm so happy you figured out what was happening! I was getting frustrated trying to think of things that could be going wrong. Without seeing your work it was rather difficult to visualize what was wrong.

I'm just so glad you got help and was able to get back on track.

Hi Angie:

WIth help from a co-worker we figured out what I was doing. I was going into the space of hdc not the hdc, so I was very relieved to learn that. It is funny, because that was the way I was taught to crochet in the space after the foundation row.

Thanks for your help,

Sandee:cheer

Hi Angie;

How many hdc in the ch-1 ? I checked my work after reading your last email and have not skipped any. I have called the editor of the magazine and will ask them. I also will bring it to work tomorrow and ask a woman I work with if she can tell what I am doing wrong. It sure is frustrating:think .

Thanks,

Sandee

Well, I have 3 different ideas of what you might be doing wrong.

1. When you do your count, are you counting the hdc that make up your V-Stitch in your total hdc count for the row? You should be including those.

2 Are you completing the end of the row all the way out to the turning chain?

3. Are you doing a hdc in each hdc of hte previous row. I think you might be skipping a hdc at each c-1 sp. As you are working across the row it is easy to confuse the top of the first hcd of hte v-stitch as the chain-1 space. Meaning that you are skipping a hdc at each c-1 space. When doing sc and hdc it is easy to confuse the top of the stitch with a chain open space because the stitches aren't as clearly defined. (I bet this is what your doing).

Hi Angie;

Yes, I started with 45 stiches, that is what is so frustrating. I think I am crocheting by the pattern, but it is not working out that way. I am up to row 9 with 78, should be 88 stiches. DO you think I should try and add stiches as I go to make up the 88 the row?

Thanks,

Sandee

Happy New Year!:)

Are you doing the V-Stitches in the ch-1 space and hcd in the top of the stitches of the previous V-Stitch. In other words, as you hdc across the row you aren't skipping any stitches and doing the V-stitch in the ch-1 sp. This chould give you a natural increase every row except for your 5th row I'm doing a Large so my instruction after row 4 are different.

Did you start with a chain of 45????

Hi Angie:

I am working the m size and am coming out small size, isn't that weird? I am like a row behind if that makes any sense I wonder if I am doing the V stitch right? hdc ch 1 hdc. I have worked about 8 rows and have 78 stiches.

Sandee :(

Hi ANgie:

Now I am having trouble with row 3, I am not increasing no matter how many times I have taken it out, I still only get 59 stiches of a need to have 62.

Do you know that row?

Thnaks,

Sandee:)

If you do the V-Stitch in the Chain 1 space you should naturally increase by 8 stitches if the row 2 gave you 54 stitches.

Sandee,

I am doing this pattern also. I started a crochet along over in the crochet-along section but not too many people were interested. I posted about this row there but i will state it here again.

Row 2 is poorly written. The last instruction is confusing, it states " 4 ch-1 sp corners". I had to re-read this a few times and visualize the row in my head before it made sense. Basically what it means is to work the row as stated and you will end up with 51 (54,54,57,57) hdc and 4 ch-1 sp corners in the row, they are not in addition to the row you already worked.

Please come join me over in the other thread, I would love to have someone else to help work out any more kinks and talk about the work in progress:)

Without seeing it in context, it is a bit difficult. But you are probably beginning each row at the corner with a chain 4. The first 3 chain would represent a double crochet and the fourth chain would be your chain 1 space. I would think that this is where you would place your marker and move it up each time (although I think it would be obvious without a marker that this is the beginning of your row.)

Archived