Hello from Albany, NY!

Hearth~n~Heart

Hello all. I'm new to the boards. I haven't really done much crocheting in a while, but I am hoping to get back into the swing of things this year. I'm all excited about it and yet I hardly know where to start! Pretty much everything we had that I'd made before was lost this year between flooding, a fire - and the water damage sustained putting it out - and now we're pretty much starting over. I'd like to make afghans and bedspreads, my kitchen accessories and well, pretty much anything and everything that I can. I'd like for our next home to be really "ours". This time, I will hang on to some of what I make, and at least take pictures of what I don't ;) I'm thinking that with winter coming along (here in Albany, NY we still don't have any snow - but it has to be coming...) now would be a good time to start with the larger items like afghans and such. Something to snuggle under while I work on it. Dh gave me a gift card for JoAnns for Christmas - so that will give me a good start at rebuilding my stash :manyheart Now, I'm just searching for a pattern to start with :hook

Can't wait to 'meet' you all!

Patty

Hi, there, Patty! Welcome to Crochetville! We're glad you're here!:yay

Sorry to hear about your losses. Check out the "Bedspread Bonanza" thread in Crochet-along. There are lots of good patterns listed at the beginning of the thread. And you'd have lots of company in making them. :ghug I'm going to try two - one with thread and one with yarn.

Merry Christmas!:wreath

Linda T:hook

Thank you all for the welcome! And Linda, I will be checking out the Bedspread Bonanza here, it sounds like a lot of fun! We don't worry about the losses so much - I kind of view it as extreme involentary decluttering, LOL. It's giving me the boost to do what I'd always dreamed of anyway - having everything home made :-)

Patty

I just joined today myself. Sorry to hear you have had so much problems this past year - we actually flooded this year too. It's amazing how much we had to throw out.

I'm certain you will find inspiration to crochet new items for your home.

Archived