Glittered Snowflakes

MimiFL

These are some glittered snowflakes I did this Christmas for friends and colleagues. I made 26 in all, using 3 patterns.

snowflakes_2006.jpg

Close-up pics available here.

For colleagues, I tied them around little bundles of chocolate. -

snowflake_bundles_cv.jpg

:flake

Your snowflakes are perfection! Such a great idea to put them on the chocolate bundles. I looked at your photos....can you go into detail on your stiffening method? Did you draw a template to lay the snowflakes on for stiffening? The glitter is such a good idea also. Also, really enjoyed your website and envy your Florida weather :-)

Sophie,

I photocopied the blocking pattern for the snowflakes from the back of the snowflake book. Had to cut the corners so I could overlap them a bit (I put 2-3 per styrofoam board). I wrapped the styrofoam boards with plastic wrap and slid the blocking patterns under the plastic. Put the snowflakes in a paper plate and worked stiffening in with my fingers (it gets messy), making sure I removed excess from holes, etc. then threw them onto the boards and started pinning. Once all the pins were in place, I sprinkled glitter all over the kitchen... no, wait... all over the snowflakes ;) and let them dry. I think the most difficult part was removing the pins - once stiffening sticks to them, it can be a pain to get them out of the styrofoam. That, and getting the glitter out of everything. But then it's worth it. :)

Wish I could capture the glitter on the photos. You can't really tell but they do sparkle. :D

love your snowflakes..... and now looking at your others..........you do awesome works.

I have the snowflake book its either 99 or 101 but gotta find it its somehwere in these plastic container buckets. gonna unpack more boxes this week hope to find it. My daughter in law whole tree is in snowflakes this is her 3rd year. so when we got home I told my husband I got to get busy so she will have them for next year.

Archived