Holiday Scrap 9 Patch Afghan CAL

TamiCrochets

Hi LAdies and Gents well as you know the holiday crochet season is just bout over and if your like me your basket of Scraps is about taller then you are :dreaming :c9:lol So I've decided to come up with a couple of Scrap Afghan Crochet alongs, The first one I started before is the Scrap YO YO one and this one I'm doing here is The "Holiday Scrap 9 Patch Afghan" designed by Yarn cat find the pattern here!

http://www.yarncat.com/scrap9patchafghan.html

If your like me and you fell behind this holiday season here are two afghans you can have done and made for next years holiday presants lol... what are you waiting for grab that cupa :kettle and your hooks :hookand scraps :yarnand lets get crocheting :hook Crochet Crochet Crochet

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! and stay warm cuz baby its cold out side!! :wbrr:flake:2snow

hmmm :think I'll have to think about it. I was just thinking today about making some of these 2 round granny squares and just piling them up till I had enough to make something with them. I don't have many scraps yet since I just recently got back into crocheting :) so it might take me awhile to get one done.:hook

Tami, I started the scrap ghan yesterday. I'm not doing it as a nine patch with crochet around each set of 9 squares instead I'm just doing the two round grannies and joining them. I'm still keeping a black square between each colored square. And the amazing thing, is that this will be a tough afghan to complete for me. I don't have too many scraps.:eek For instance, I have no worsted weight blue yarn left. I have only a tiny scrap of green novelty yarn left. It will be interesting to see how this afghan turns out. But, thank goodness, I have two full skeins of black yarn, so hopefully I won't run out there.

For anyone who wants to know, the squares are very easy to make. They're great for situations where you can't really concentrate and need something easy to crochet. I also REALLY LIKE that the squares are crocheted together as you make them. I'm kinda tired of sewing or crocheting squares together after making a zillion of them.

So anyone else who is interested, jump on board!

Well, I've said before I love grannies, but hate joining them, but i like the idea of join as you go, so as long as ya'll don't mind having a slow poke among you, then I'm with ya!!!! But i swear, this is the last CAL i'm going to join, and I need to get off here soon and make a schedule so that I can be organized, :laughroll:hook

ok, i've decided to test this process out on a small 16"x16" blanket i am making, so far I have completed the 4 center squares I need... for the blanket I am connecting 4 - 9 patches and then will do a border to get it to the size I want. Now, I"m trying to see if I can understand the join as you go instructions.

I'd like to sign up to do one of the scrap afghans. Is there a link I'm supposed follow to officially sign up or is this post sufficient? This will be my very first CAL and I'm really excited about it.

well go karin!!! :lol I am having trouble with connecting as I go, I get the 1st corner connected ok, but I can't get it to look right when I connect to the ch 1 sp.... am I supposed to be doing a sl st through both the previous square and the new squares ch 1 space at the same time? I just don't understand the directions on the link from the first post.... I might just end up not joining as I go.... HELP!!!!

Ada, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner to your SOS! I didn't see your post from December 24th until today. Sorry!:blush After I get the first corner connected to the old square, I immediately do a slip stitch into the ch1 space of the old square, then I do 3dc in the ch2 space of the new square, do a slip stitch in the ch2 of the old square, do another slip stich in the ch2 space of the other old square (do you know what I mean?? You'll be connecting your new square to two of the old squares), do 3 dc in the ch2 space of the new square, etc. Does that make any sense to you. By the way, if I'm doing this wrong: DON'T TELL ME!! Let me go on believing that I have this all figured out.:eek

Ohhhh, I'd LOVE to join...have room for one more? Just started it this morning, i had some problems joining the 3rd square BUT, it could have been that I was a little excited about getting it all started and hadn't even had my first cup of coffee yet :coffee

Looking forward to making the afghan with you all! :hook

Jennifer

Proud Grandma to Austin born Dec 22, 2006 8 lbs., 8 oz!

I'd like to sign up to do one of the scrap afghans. Is there a link I'm supposed follow to officially sign up or is this post sufficient? This will be my very first CAL and I'm really excited about it.

I love to see those words. One of the major joys of the Ville is the CAL thread and all the help and just plain old fun that people have doing them.

I'm just a cheerleader for this CAL but I am always happy to see more people join in. It gives me more opportunities to see pictures :yay:wlol

ok karin, reading that I am soooooo lost!!!! I'll try reading it again while I'm working on it tonight. If I can't get it, then I'm giving up for now, have a lot happening, and don't like being frustrated. Crochet is my stress relieving activity, not supposed to induce it, :rofl

I'll come back later and tell ya how I made out.

ok, i have 2 squares connected to eachother, not sure it's how the instructions said to do it, or how karin says she is doing it, but it looks alright, :lol

um..... i dont really have enough of anything to make it a master color.... is it still a 9-patch if there isn't a unifying color?

well I have now completed 1 1/2 of the 4 9 patches I want for this first small project. And I've been thinking about making lapghans as Christmas presents for my husbands 2 sets of grandparents, as well as my own grandma, and I think at least 1 of those projects will be a 9 patch. this is a lot of fun, and eases my issues with having to connect squares when I'm all done making them, i like the join as you go set up :hook

Well, I have seven 9 patches done for the afhgan. Not sure how big I want it to be, my husband and daughter are fighting over who gets to keep it! My daughter wants it to fit her twin size bed...my husband wants it as a lapghan. Aww gee (sarcastic grin here) :D I guess I'll just HAVE to make one for each then won't I? :lol:hook

Hope you all had a safe and Happy New Years!

Jennifer

Tami, I hate to admit this but I do not have a digital camera. If you pm'd me your address. I would mail you a regular picture. Its so hard not being able to post pics. Its almost like I don't feel like a bona fide member of the 'ville. Pictures are truly worth a thousand words. My afghan is in the dryer right now. I can't wait until it comes out all warm and soft (can you tell I used RedHeart SuperSaver?).

Archived