Any Crochet New Year Resolutions??

Danijoy, keep an eye out for haliday mystery CALs as they are graphed patterns that the group works on together. They tend to be fairly simple and you have group support as you learn.

Crochet cabana also has good information for this.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely want to finish up a few UFO's.

The kids have made many requests so I want to get to one or two of those completed this year.

I want to make at least one bookmark and one snowflake a week. I also want to make one doily a month. I'm planning to enter a few things in the local fair this summer.

I want to make at least one afghan this year maybe two small ones. I just bought the 200 crochet blocks book and it's inspiring me.

:cheer Ladies, we can all cheer for each other to do this!!

Teri's Resolutions for 2007

Biggest is to FINISH my projects that I start. Don't know about you, but I feel like all I do is frog everything!

Will not buy yarn (I know, I almost cried when I wrote that:eek ) UNLESS I am in the middle of a pattern and don't have the said yarn in stash.

Organize my stash :hook !! Enough said.

Love my stash and take care of it....(see above line....:hug )

Make charity things.

Thanks for listening....and hopefully I will have some cheerleaders! :cheer

Ok, here goes confession time:

My new year's resolution crochetwise is:

To finally make something that requires more that simple stitches. (In other words, something that requires more than a single, double, or treble crochet pattern.)

Oh, to make something that requires more than one color of yarn. I will break my habit of using verigated yarn if it kills me.

Learning how to weave in ends without making it look funny.

Biggest one: Have more than 1 WIP going at once.

Oh, wait no:

HUGEST ONE: Get rid of all my scrap yarn!:hook

Ashleigh we will be here to help you where we can.

Just go to the CAL thread and you will have so many WIPs you won't know what happened. :wlol

The Scrap yarn is already covered in two separate CALs. yep that CALs thread is good for what ails yah.

Yah gotta love this place. :heart

How could I not love this place? An excuse to pull out the hooks and yarn is always great. I didn't start getting back into crocheting until it starting getting cold. Oh, and when I figured out that working telemarketing is horribly monotonous unless you have something to do. Crocheting is such great relief for arthritis.

I was just wondering if anyone has any crochet New Year Resolutions?

I think I want to enter the world of thread and try to make a doily. I get so inspired by the gorgeous doilies here.

I want to continue felting. That's just so much fun.

I want to continue designing plus size outfits for people like me who are fluffy and can't find patterns.

Fluffy? I've been called huggable, pleasingly plump and soft lapped but not fluffy. I like it.

My resolutions are: 1. Organize my yarn, patterns, books, etc. 2. Use up as much stash as I can. 3. Finish or frog all UFOs. 4. Don't have more than 3 WIPs at a time. That's it for now, I may have more later.

Ellie 13 :)

I am hoping to get quicker & neater & more adventurous with my crochet in 2007. Projects I want to complete are below.

• THREAD DREAD!!! - I WILL make a doily or something with thread
  • Graphghan - I have the chart ready but need yarn & I am waiting for a Tunisian cable hook from EbayUS - almost 3 weeks now??
  • SnB Jolly Roger
  • A jumper for myself
  • Afghan for charity

I will also spend more time actually crocheting & less time looking at it!

I resolve this year to cut down on my 'collecting' of crochet-related things and work more on using them:lol ! I have the most ridiculous collection of hooks, patterns, and tons of yarn... I need to work on production!

I'd like to participate in more comfortghans and 'giving' type things.

I hope to maybe even make things to sell :eek for a little extra cash (to buy more yarn:D )

I'd like to be a good Villager and try to help when people post in the "help" section and encourage and support the new crocheters that join us!:manyheart

My resolution is the same as last year's...spend less time thinking about crochet and more time actually crocheting.

Me too, plus less surfing on the 'net, less reading my romance novels (which I do when my hands hurt too much from crocheting and housework), more crocheting, more writing down my designs (and testing), use up my stash, finish my wip's, making more garments for me & my family (esp. the guys).

Now that I have a working digicam again, I can have more incentive to make more so I can take pictures of my work and showing them off here and my blogs! :lol

First and foremost is to put ALL and I do mean ALL of the patterns I have printed out into my binder I bought, by the way I bought it at goodwill, it is like a 5inch 3 ringed binder, and I already have the slickies, so NO excuse...right? :think

Secondly is to make that rug yarn bag I have been DREAMING about, I bought the yarn from AuntieM with EVERY intention on making it ASAP, :eek , but then along came the holidays

And my last but NOT leaste is to participate more in giving of squares needed for comfortghans and or charity. thats it, hate to overwhelm myself...:lol

:hook:manyheart

Mine is to make sure I do at least 4-5 projects a month for a charity. I like to make little hats for the hospitals, so the little hats are wonderful little gifts for newborns.

I will also try to make burial outfits this year. It is something that we all try not to think of, but there are little preemies that don't make it and they deserve to be at their best when they are put to rest. I think it helps the families to cope a little bit because some stranger made something beautiful for their child, who was not ready to be born.

I resolve to be more giving than in the past. A good resolution to participate in.

:manyheart

Caliadria's 2007 Crochet Resolutions

I shall do the following, in the order stated:

1. Finish ALL WIPs before starting any new projects. Almost every one I am working on is somebody's VERY LATE gift, going all the way back to my best friend's wedding that was in August. :eek

2. All new patterns, once WIPs are completed, shall be chosen with regard to my EXISTING STASH, so that my large quantities of I-don't-remember-why-I-bought-30-ounces-of-this-yarn yarn will be put to good use.

3. Remaining smaller portions of stash shall be neatly wound with my new ball winder.

4. Any patterns I see that I just *have* to do will be printed out and put aside. (This is redundant to item #1 but I felt it was necessary to reiterate).

Projects I Want to Do Afterwards (it may take months - I have a lot of WIPs)

My wedding colors afghan

Learn to do thread crochet

Start working on (possibly complete?) Masters in Crochet thingamajig (just to see if I can)

Figure out how to get a wholesale yarn license

Discover the long lost secret to making money doing this stuff

Learn basic math so I can make my own patterns :rofl

• 2 weeks later...

In 2007 I will find a way to crochet again if I have to have hooks specially made. First, set I'm trying is the Clover resin handle hooks DH ordered for me today :D

• 7 months later...

i didn't go back and look at what i posted but i did make a wearable - a bico sweater (2 of them!). i only started one thing before my wips were finished. i am now working on a wearable for me (a shawl). i might have said i wanted to make a bag but i'm not sure. i do plan to do that before the end of the year. i also donated the baby caps and blankies i had made and have made several more. that's excellent for me - i tend to put things off. hope everyone else is doing good. it'll soon be time to make resolutions for next year!

Archived