WNY Crocheters?

kimbo

Kim,

I'm interested! :-) Count me in! Even if we get just a few people at first - it's a start! :hook

Dragonfly - yes I do know where Cazenovia St. is.

Maybe if we decided on a time and place and put some flyers up in the LYS? Do you know Karma Knitting in Williamsville? Also the yarn shop on Hertel. I haven't been there but it might be worth a shot.

What do you think?

Cindy

Cindy,

I've never been to either store, but I have wanted to visit some "good" yarn stores. I usually shop at AC Moore in Amherst, very convenient.

What is a good day and time for you? I"m pretty much available any eve. except the 1st Tues. & Wed. of the month. Any thoughts on a location for a meeting? I'm not sure where you are located, but Panera on Niagara Falls Blvd. is clean and well lit.

Let me know if there is a location that better suits you.

Kim

OH OH OH OH>>>>> I have to tell you ladies something REALLY funny.. :rofl

I have seen "LYS" on here for MONTHS and MONTHS and for some reason just assumed it was a name like ACMoore and JoAnn's..... But when you ladies wrote LYS, I knew there was no store by that name and finally had a DUH! moment....

So, is it actually Local Yarn Shop or Little Yarn Store, or what?!?!?

:rofl at my own gullibility!

Krystal...that is funny! Yes, it's Local Yarn Shop. Web-speak abbreviates everything! I just had one of those moments myself on another board with an abbreviation I didn't get. Very funny! :-)

Kim,

You'll have to visit Karma Knitting - the owner is a hoot! She has her pet Cherry Head parrot in the store and she is very eccentric - the yarns are fabulous - she doesn't carry Red Heart, Lion Brand, etc. So the yarns are more expensive. I usually go in there to find something special and she always has it.

What about Tuesday, Jan 16th at 6:30pm? We can meet at Panera Bread - is that the one in the plaza? It's across from Barnes and Noble and in the same plaza as KMart? You can send me an email at: cindyngatadelphiadotnet. (replace the at with @ and the dot with a .)

Do you want to join us Dragonfly?

Sure you can't get away Krystal?

Cindy

If anyone is interested in joining our new group we will meet at Panera Bread on Niagara Falls Blvd, on Jan 16 at 6:30 pm. :ghug

I hope that you can join us, if you can't make this meeting watch for further posts about the next meeting.

Spread the word!:yay

Cindy,

Which Michael's and Joannes are you going to? And, where is Karma !? Is that the one in Williamsville? I really have to get out more!

I hope we get some interest!

Kim

Hi Kim!

I thought I'd go to the JoAnn's and Michael's on Transit Road, near the Eastern Hills Mall. I "re-learned" crocheting from a wonderful teacher at the JoAnn's and wanted to take her a flyer. The Michael's is on Transit a little bit away from the mall.

Yes, Karma Knitting is on Main Street in Williamsville - right in the village. Corner of Cayuga St and Main if you know the area.

I've also come across "meet-up" where people can list their interests and what they'd like to meet-up to do - there is a listing for crochet meet-ups and 15 people have signed up to meet for crochet. So, I'm going to send out a "meet-up" notice for Panera Bread on the 15th and see if some of the people come. I don't know if I should post the link to meet-up here, but I will. I apologize to moderators if I'm not allowed to do this:

http://crochet.meetup.com/cities/us/ny/buffalo/

Can't hurt to send out some invites - you never know!

Cindy

Cindy,

Are we meeting on the 15th or the 16th, I thought the 16th.

I will try to go to the Joanns & Michael's near the Blvd Mall. I know that the Joanns has their own group and they charge for it. So does AC Moore near Panera.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Yes, the 16th - sorry I was looking at the wrong calendar when I said the 15th. The crochet meet up has the right date - the 16th.

Yes, I know that JoAnn's has their own crochet/knit group - I didn't necessarily like the mix of crochet and knit - not because I don't like knitting - it's that the techniques are different so we had to sit at different tables and you don't end up talking much to the knitters, too bad. But they might not want me to leave a flyer for another group - probably won't want me to take away from theirs. I'll try anyways.

Hey, Cranky smile - you're welcome to come join us! Where downstate are you?

Cindy

Hi all you Western New York Crocheters!! My name is Wendy, and I live in Derby, which is about 30 min. South of Buffalo. (North of Angola, South of Hamburg). I wish they had a club or a group somewhere around here for crocheters!!! I'd love to hear from any crocheters who live anywhere near me.

Wendy

Archived