Sometimes I just can't get it right.

Have you ever made 1 of something & then the 2nd one just won't go right? I made the lily doll that was posted here at the ville for Caitlin & I had no trouble at all. I made 2 more & everything went great until I try to put their mouth on. I just can't get it right. I've put it & taken it off 4 times now.:think Its for dh's granddaughter & I need to get it done. Maybe its because I'm trying to make it "perfect". I had no problems with the 1st one-just went so smoothly. I hate it when stuff like this happens to me. I will try again tonight after the kids go to bed. I think they keep distracting me!

I think that sometimes, we get too stressed out trying to get it right. So everytime we try, it gets worse.I think you need to give it a break. Try it when the kids are in bed, or tomorrow morning early, before they get up. Have some quiet time first and then give it a try. I bet it works just perfect.Or have someone else try putting that piece on for you. It is a very stressful time of year.I hope you achieve what you are trying to do. Best wishes.

I know exactly what you mean... last night I was making one of the Dude's crochet purses, and it called for two identical sides. I did a great job on Side 1, but when I made Side 2, I could NOT GET IT to match to Side 1! I counted and recounted, frogged and restitched, recounted and frogged, frogged it completely and made it all over, STILL didn't get it right... it was really weird. Eventually I stopped using the pattern and just made the second side by looking at the first side I made.

As I typed this out, I realized: I probably had Side 1 wrong in the first place, which is why Side 2 never fit. :rofl:

This is exactly why I never make two of anything- I usually get something I like the first time...but not what the pattern intended to make!

Archived