String/Twine Basket

Riohnna

I completed this little basket a couple of weeks ago, using some string-twine stuff I found in the kitchen department at Carrefour a while back. I am pretty sure this string stuff is used for baking. Anyway, I searched and searched to try and find the original pattern link to the basket, but can not find it anywhere now. The closest pattern is found here. the pattern I used has 16 rounds,,,,and has no beads added. but. after the 16th row, I kept going, with the final round of slip stitch, then I added my own rounds,,, a round of slip stitches and chains, to form the handles, then a final round of slip stitches.

basket1.jpg

is this not cool? LOL!

I used a Boye size 3.25 hook. The string is actually quite stiff, and yes, it was rough to the hands. I thought I was going to get a blister, I thought I would break the hook. My tendonitis almost flared up big time. LOL! But, I will do it again, I TELL YOU!! The basket stands as is on it's own, no starching done at all to it. I am going to torture myself, as I am thinking about doing more with beads,,,,,making my own design. But, I wanna finish my current projects before I start more.

Archived