Adding a clickable button,,,

Riohnna

in the beta version of blogger seems impossible to me. I know how to add links and pics, but I can not find the option anywhere to make an image clickable,,,,to open another link. I have seen several other blogs on blogger with the clickable buttons, so I know it can be done,,,,unless,,,these blogs I have looked through are of the older version, and this "clickable button" feature has been disabled. Or,,is it a gimmick,,,one to me having to upgrade to a paid blog,,,before I could have clickable buttons!! Does anyone know? Oh, I know nothing of html language,,,I have already looked at the button help threads and found nothing about WYSIWYG,,,,, am I doomed?????

well it would most definatly not make me happy if you wont be able to have clickable images on your blog with the new blogger:angry I can tell you how to add a link to an image, but I haven't been able to switch to the new blogger yet so I don't know if it's any different:think I'm starting to get more and more annoyed with blogger lol :sigh

well it would most definatly not make me happy if you wont be able to have clickable images on your blog with the new blogger:angry I can tell you how to add a link to an image, but I haven't been able to switch to the new blogger yet so I don't know if it's any different:think I'm starting to get more and more annoyed with blogger lol :sigh

Well I started one just to see the difference. Althought the general look is the same, it is built very different. It is not html template messing around friendly. The way it write things to the template is annoying to say the least. I can see a lot of people being ticked off when they which to beta blogger. It is a totally different setup in my opinion.

This is my first blog,,well,,my second. My first blog is on my frappr, but its nothing like these. I can just compose in that blog,,,nothing more. Anyway, I really don't want to have a bunch of text links on the blog,,,grrrr,,,,and I signed up through the beta version,,,then read about all the blogs going to beta,,,,so I suppose I will have to stay with the beta the way it is, or delete the blog and go elsewhere. But, I really have no idea where the good blogs are.

• 4 weeks later...
in the beta version of blogger seems impossible to me. I know how to add links and pics, but I can not find the option anywhere to make an image clickable,,,,to open another link. I have seen several other blogs on blogger with the clickable buttons, so I know it can be done,,,,unless,,,these blogs I have looked through are of the older version, and this "clickable button" feature has been disabled. Or,,is it a gimmick,,,one to me having to upgrade to a paid blog,,,before I could have clickable buttons!! Does anyone know? Oh, I know nothing of html language,,,I have already looked at the button help threads and found nothing about WYSIWYG,,,,, am I doomed?????

I have blogger beta, but I still have the regular template. I used to have the upgraded one, with just links, no buttons????? & it is so plain, I just didn't like it, so I switched back to the template, that you can add buttons with their links. It is still blogger beta, but it's I think you call it :eek the classic template???!!

I know nothing about WYSIWYG, WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN:eek & no you're not doomed!! blogger is blogger beta, & you still can have the classic version of the template, where you can put as many clickable buttons as you want to!!

It says that the customized design in blogger beta is out of beta??, the upgraded template, is still the same, just links, no buttons, I think I'm not the only person that doesn't like the upgraded template, & why on earth don't they give us MORE template designs, they are the same as they've always been. You have to doctor them up just to make them the way you want them:yes

I have blogger beta, but I still have the regular template. I used to have the upgraded one, with just links, no buttons????? & it is so plain, I just didn't like it, so I switched back to the template, that you can add buttons with their links. It is still blogger beta, but it's I think you call it :eek the classic template???!!

I know nothing about WYSIWYG, WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN:eek & no you're not doomed!! blogger is blogger beta, & you still can have the classic version of the template, where you can put as many clickable buttons as you want to!!

It says that the customized design in blogger beta is out of beta??, the upgraded template, is still the same, just links, no buttons, I think I'm not the only person that doesn't like the upgraded template, & why on earth don't they give us MORE template designs, they are the same as they've always been. You have to doctor them up just to make them the way you want them:yes

You can add buttons to the new layout.

1. "Page Elements"
  2. click on "add new page element"
  3. then click on " HTML/JavaScript"
  4. copy and paste the button right in there

Look at my first blog (mamahooks crochet it is in my siggy) it has two buttons. It is a few extra steps but it is the same as before.

Archived