It is a crochet Chanukah!

Yay! My folks are the awesomest. For Chanukah, I have already received a ball winder and a swift. And tonight I got 2 beautiful handmade wooden hooks, and woven labels with my name for gift giving! My fam may not understand my crochet obsession, but they are doing a great job supporting it! I hope you all have as merry/happy a holiday as I have been having!

what a lucky lady! it sounds like yourfamily sure knows what you like (or they had some big hints from someone ;)) happy Chanukah!

I'm :cheer for ya right now!!! Isn't it great when the people that love us give us the things that make us happy.... even if they don't get why it makes us soo happy? :lol Happy holiday to you!!!! what a great family!

Happy Chanukah Mobogal. Those sure do sound like awesome presents. Enjoy everything. I got 2 crochet books for Chanukah, but only because I put them on my amazon.com wish list and hinted to my daughter to look there LOL.

What great gifts:gift :gift , so nice to know your family supports your obsession so nicely! You are very lucky! Like Auntbubbels mine don't have a clue!!:blush

Have a very Happy Chanukah:menorah:dreidel.......and don't forget to post pictures of all the great things you will be making!

Thank you all for your kind wishes and sharing in my excitement! I knew you all would appreciate how neat the gifts were. I do have an amazing family, and even though they aren't here for Chanukah, I get to celebrate with them in spirit! I'm already planning many many more projects...and I'm sure I'll be posting lots of pics. I'll try to take pics of the hooks and post them here later. You are all wonderful, and I have loved reading your supportive words! :clap

Happy Chanukah! The 2006 knitting page-a-day calendar had knit dreidels on yesterday's page. So that's a challenge to our designers here to come up with a crochet version. ;)

We celebrated Chanukah by making tamales (a Mexican Christmas tradition) yesterday at the home of a friend who is a Jewish vegetarian from Santa Fe. :lol What a great blend of traditions from all over! Patty

Congrats and Happy Chanukah!

BTW- does anybody have any crocheted Chanukah patterns that exist already? I'd like to start hoarding them, but am not really interesting in converting knitted ones right now...

Archived