No Dye Lot Yarn Not Matching!

Okay, I must vent a little! :angry I bought the 2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft Yarn in blue mint to make the scalloped edge cami that is listed in the show and tell section of wearables and THE 2 SKEINS DONT MATCH IN COLOR! :eek:angry:no

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this stuff supposed to be a 'No Dye Lot' yarn? One skein is lighter than the other. And trust me, it is VERY noticeable!

Has anyone else ran into this problem? This has irritated me to no end.

Krystal

Red Heart yarn had an announcement on the Coats & Clark website why some of their no dye lot yarns suddenly had dye lot issues. Apparently it's a problem for most of the companies that produce acrylic yarns are having right now.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Features/Red+Heart+Super+Saver.htm

The suppliers of the acrylic fibers went bankrupt and it's caused problems for all the manufacturers of acrylic yarns. It also might explain why some yarns went up in price recently too.

i had this issue with the caron pounders. when i contacted them they informed me that they changed dyes. not sure if this is your issue. maybe one is older than the other. but they did send me out yarn to replace what i had from the older batch.

nadine

Oh, yeah!! I 've had this happen to me...with both the one pounders and Simply Soft....if it's really noticible, I usually return one skein and bring a bit of the skein I kept with me to compair to the rest of the skeins in the store...if I'm lucky I can find another skein that matches the one I already worked with....good luck!!

Jessie

Yep, had this problem too. I tend to make someone go with me if I'm buying yarn for a work-intensive project to help spot color consistencies as my eyes are bad with color- I've been known to re-arrange a bin of super saver to group the "shades" of the same color together to try to help others avoid that problem!

I had this happen with RHSS Aran.... had a skein that when next to other arans looked dirty somehow...... oh i was so upset!!! And I have it happen with black ALL THE TIME.... none of my blacks match, lol, so i usually buy black 3-4 skeins at a time, :lol

Archived