Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Tabby, I was wondering how big each of your BS motifs are. I see in the thread version they're over 6 inches...how big are they coming out in the sportweight yarn?:think

...wondering...for the future...:hook

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judi~It measures 13 inches. :eek It's definitely a big & time consuming motif with tons of sc's and chains. :thair

My squares are 12 inches or so - but with 4 ply yarn - I'm making a (time-sensitive) baby ghan with sport weight right now and by using that yarn it DOES take a long time before you see much progress!!:eek

I did several more rows last night after I got home (and despite the 3 glasses of wine I had at the work function I went to, I don't think I made any mistakes).

I'm finding the yarn to be pretty easy to work with, despite it being so splitty. But it has the right feel to it that I wanted, and I like the pattern (it's lacy and open). At this rate, I could have the bedspread done in about a month or two.

• 2 weeks later...

wow we let this thread get to the bottom of page 3. :) We need to get to work on these guys! lol. I finally started on a bedspread tonight. This will be a twin size for my MIL as soon as I get some squares done I'll put up a picture of it I'm copying the water color effect that someone did on a round ripple but doing it on granny squares with 4 colors.

Hey Heather

You are right, we have let this one slide WAY too far down . I have been in such a long crochet slump, I haven't been enthused about any of my projects for awhile, but now I think I'm coming out of it, so I will try to get my buns in gear and post in here more often and also get busy on a bedspread. I need to figure out what I'm gonna make- I think I pitched my original idea, so will have to find a new one .

I know what you mean I've changed my mind on the TAW being a bedspread then I just couldn't come up with what I want to try next :) this is going to be bright and cheery which is what my MIL wants for a bedspread.

I haven't worked on much crochet at all and not my bedspread in a while. I have 2 projects that I must finish off first because of time commitments, but once those two are finished, I'll be concentrating a lot on my bedspread and my 63 more afghan.

I haven't worked on much crochet at all and not my bedspread in a while. I have 2 projects that I must finish off first because of time commitments, but once those two are finished, I'll be concentrating a lot on my bedspread and my 63 more afghan.

Ditto!

I tried to take a picture of my 1st block and it really doesn't show the colors good I'll try again when I get a second one done and see if 2 come out any better than 1. I really like the way they are coming out and want to show the true colors.

Morning, ladies

I think a lot of us have kinda slacked off on this project, which is ok, because I think we are all guilty of the same thing -- having 20 gazillion projects going, or waiting to be started .

Maybe for those working on motif-type spreads, summer will be a good time to do it, since it'll be hotter out then and you may not feel like doing something big and heavy like a whole afghan .

We'll see some finished bedspreads in here eventually, I think. This is just a really huge project and it will take some time, but I think we will complete them if we keep on chugging away a little at a time .

Julie, you're right about the ease of doing motifs in the summer...but nothing really stops me from WHATEVER I want to make:lol ...

I'm working on the 2nd baby ghan I promised a friend and this one is proving to be more fun and lots easier than the last one!! My BS squares are calling to me though...

I need to practice some DISCIPLINE...right?!:devil

Good thing I have a deadline of sorts for this baby ghan:D

Pictures will be posted when I'm done...

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I'm working on the 3rd block out of 15. I don't know if I'll get it done by mother's day but I'm going to try the squares are just Grannies and end up about 17 inches square when done.

Judy- you sound like me .If I actually have a deadline, I am able to devote more effort to it than if it is just something I am fiddling around with .

Wanda- good for you ! You are doing great .

Heather- good luck, I hope you get it done by Mother's Day . :)

Ok I finally got a decent picture of the colors on this I've got 3 squares done so far.

Warning you may need your sunglasses on while looking at these squares :lol

th_crochet095.jpg

It's just a plain old granny square using 2 strands of a solid color 2 rows then 1 strand of color before and 1 strand of the next color for 2 rows then 2 rows of the next solid color and so on. I might have described it better on my blog.

Thanks everybody. I've got 6 squares finished and 2 almost done I ran out of 2 of the colors so I'm on hold on it for a few days and am taking the time to add the last 3 rows on my TAW quilt. I am SO ready to finish it so I can start on another quilt.

Archived