Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Well even though I had decided to not make it a bs it's turning into one just as I thought it might. Here it is on a queen size bed and I still need to put 3 more rows around so it might end up in the quest room on the double bed in there.

th_crochet077.jpg

I just got 3 rows around it this week it's soooo close to done :D then I can start on some more bs's.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather, it's beautiful!

I ordered 4 cones of yarn Friday for my bedspread. Still don't know yet what pattern I'm going to do, but I figured 2400 yards was more than enough.

I bought http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/art_2029-store.htm, in Ivory. I have some of the lighter weight Petal Spun, and it's not as big as they say it is, so I'm willing to bet the super petal spun isn't quite as big as a WW.

hello ladeis

are you stell in here :think

i didn`t reach the point of 80'' roun ripple but i`ll end it cause i didn`t work on it long time ago and i felt bored

and i`m working on alot of projects so it will be releifing and encourgeing to se that one progect is finished ;)

Hi, Athba - you're a familiar face:lol ...

I'm here...and the next CAL I want to devote my COMPLETE attention to is this one - a bs is desperately needed after what our "little" furbaby has done to the (inexpensive, thank goodness) comforter on our bed:devil ! I'ts so bad I can't even wash it - all the stuffing will come out!

I started on a bedspread for myself this morning. I'm using http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/art_2029-store.htm in Ivory. They say it's WW, but I'd say it's more of a sportweight. I'm also going a little slow, because the yarn is very loosely wound - it's a lot like working with Microspun. But I haven't had any problems, yet.

I'm using a pattern from 280 Crochet Shells by Darla Sims (#84, Peeping Chevrons, if anyone has that book and is interested).

It'll probably take me a few months to finish. My starting ch was 303! I want it to be long and drapy.

Renee, I can appreciate having to go slower if the yarn you're working with is like microspun - it's beautiful, but boy, does that yarn split!:eek

Thanks Julie! :blush But I highly doubt that, this thing will take me forever. BTW it doesn't look much like a BS and doesn't have much substance. I'de have to sew some sort of lining on the back if I use it as that. It looks better as a tablecloth but I don't know if I like it as one because of the yarn. :think I guess i'll just keep going & hope that I come up with something. ;)

Tabby, your BS is sooooo gorgeous! :c9 Is it sportweight yarn? It does look delicate, though - wouldn't last in my house, though I love the swirl design. Maybe in my old age when I'm surrounded by lacy things...:)

Thanks Wanda! :manyheart

It is sport wt. Judi. I think that's why i'm so unsure of what to make of it. :think I have 4 boys, 5 counting the Hubby so the only way this is making it in my house is if we put under protective glass, kinda like the witness protective unit & hide it out and change its identity. :lol :lol Sorry, I have way too much time on my hands. :lol

Tabby, your bedspread is beautiful!

As for me: so far so good with the yarn. It is a little slower going, but not too bad (I'm using a size G hook). Also the rayon doesn't have a lot of stretch, but with the G hook, the stitches are coming out larger, which is building in a lot of give to the pattern. I managed to get 6 rows done over the weekend (remember, starting ch of 303, so each row will take a while to complete).

Archived