Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Hey! Where are all the photos?:eek Come on people. Show off your progress!

Here's my bedspread. You can start to see how the pattern reverses now. Trouble snuck into the picture again. She's a ham. :dogAnd here are the first two squares for the crib afghan.

DCP_1019.jpgDCP_1017.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, all. I think you're right about everyone shifting to the other site, Julie. I know that I'm on both. But this BS sure doen't belong in with the quiltghans.:ohdear

Athba, don't leave out us grandmothers who still have mothers going strong. :grandma I'll call mine and send her a card and gift. I live too far away to do more. She's expecting greatgrandchild number ten not too long before Mother's day. And that's from just 3 of her 5 grandchildren. The other two haven't started yet. Her youngest grandchild at 18 is only about two years older than her oldest greatgrandchild, who's 16.:lol

I would like to join in on the Bedspread crochet along.

I am doing one for my daughter as a wedding gift, someday.

It's called Maugarite and I've already posted the picture in the Thread Crochet Show and tell.

I have 11 motifs done and need 76? more. Started this last year and after finishing a knitted Irish afghan for a niece's wedding, I'm back at it again.

I would like to join in on the Bedspread crochet along.

I am doing one for my daughter as a wedding gift, someday.

It's called Maugarite and I've already posted the picture in the Thread Crochet Show and tell.

I have 11 motifs done and need 76? more.

I took a look, and...Oh, my!!!:eek You are sooooo good! How big is each motif?

You can do it!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

I'm changing the square I have been making, most likely I'll be making a basic granny, or something like that.

There are a lot of granny designs - some still basic, but with a slight variation for interest. Check them out - if you don't have a book, there are many free patterns available - some on page one here... Are you making your own design with different colors, or just one color?

Good morning, everyone. The sun is shining. It is warmer than last week by a lot and the spring softball season starts tonight with a game at 6:30 pm. If I still lived in Minnesota, they'd be playing in the snow! :devil Hehehe. :devil One more reason I like the South.

Welcome, Marguerite. Glad to have you join us. :welcome Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful gift and heirloom you are making. :yay The tablecloth is also fantastic. :yay You are a thread crochet artist for sure. I do thread crochet also and really appreciate all the work that is involved in these. Awesome!:manyheart

I don't know if you all remember last week I mentioned that I had a $478 cell phone bill, and how I got Sprint to take part of that off and send me a new phone and a few other things?

Well, I have an interesting update!

Friday, I logged into my sprint site to check my minutes usage (my billing cycle is mid month to mid month, and I've been on the phone a lot so I didn't want a repeat high phone bill!).

Well, it seems that instead of taking $140 off my current phone bill, Sprint took off $406.46, leaving me with a balance of $72.28! Holy Smokes!

I'm not sure what happened or why, but you'd better believe I'm going to pay that $72 quickly! Now, they had also agreed to waive my monthly charges for the next 6 weeks and send me a new phone, so I wonder if I'll get either of those. Even if I don't, I came out way ahead!

I've been a loyal customer for almost a decade with them, and they knew I was hopping mad about the mix up (they had me on the wrong plan so the charges weren't what they should have been), so I have a feeling someone reviewed my call and made that decision.

Either way, it was a great way to start my weekend!

Renae - That is wonderful news! Congratulations!:cheer

Carol - I'm so glad you found a square you like. That's great.:hug

I've got 5 granny squares done for the crib afghan so far. 4 burgundy and 1 pink. The pink is a bit thicker than the burgundy so I'm going to use a size smaller hook with that, which should make the squares turn out about the same same when finished. How's that for ad libbing?:devil

The pink is a bit thicker than the burgundy so I'm going to use a size smaller hook with that, which should make the squares turn out about the same same when finished. How's that for ad libbing?:devil

Linda, I've done the same thing on projects - but only lately. It's being on the 'ville that has made have so much more confidence to try things even as simple as changing hooks. I never would have even thought of doing that 6 months ago!

I LOVE Crochetville!:hug:manyheart

Renee- it sounds like you hit the phone jackpot ! I hope they don't come back at you later and say it was an error and you owe some of the money back ..

Mel- it sounds like you are doing great !

Carol- I'm glad you found a pattern you like and it is turning out so well .

Linda- I am having that problem now with yarn colors, but mine is the other way around-- the darker color is the thicker one . Good idea to change hook size -- I havent done that and may regret it down the road here-- we shall see how they come together . It's not a HUGE size difference, just a fraction of an inch .

Renee- it sounds like you hit the phone jackpot ! I hope they don't come back at you later and say it was an error and you owe some of the money back ..

--------

Julie, if they try that on me, they're *really* hear from me! :lol

Hi, everybody. You're right Judi. I'm gaining confidence and trying more new things with patterns since joining Crochetville, too. :) I used to follow the patterns exactly as written, and now I'm feeling freer to experiment with them to get the results I want.:devil:lol:hook

Archived