comfortghan needed for my best friend ...update with photo's post #52

bobwilson123

Hello Clare,

Your 8 squares from me and 10 from Vicki left to NSW today via prepaid satchel. You should have them by Monday I hope!

Shell

thanks heaps you guys, my bestie really needs cheering up.

her dad is taking it day by day, a bit shaky but ok considering

but unfortunatly her mum has been diagnosed with skin cancer and has to have a op and chemo.:( not looking good......but i give my bestie hugs and pray that there is a angel looking out for them both.

when she told me about her mother, i thought that she was joking around (i no its not something to joke about) but i couldnt believe what i was hearing. i just started to cry, you think that your parents are invincable and they will live forever, i gess that made me realise that you should never take anyone for granted, especially your parents and your close friends...

anyways enough dribble from me......otherwise i will have to get out the tissues:)

all i was trying to say is THANKS:hug :hug :hug

this blanket is going to show her that other people care and want to give her a HUGE hug, in a blanket :manyheart

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is a pic if the ghan that i put together with everyones wonderfull squares

i only got a pic of the ghan when it was nearly finnished (slaps self in forhead) there is one more row of squares and a border of DC's

when i gave the ghan to my friend she was so shocked , she said it was the best preasnt she had ever recieved and that there were angels in the world...thats you guys:yes so a huge:hug to every one that helped put a smile back on my friends face:)

the update n my friends parents is that her father is just taking it day by day and her mum is just waiting to have the operation .. so fingers crossed

IMG_1154-1.jpg

looks great Clare, and not even done in that pic so that says a lot :) i am sooo glad your friend felt very comforted, that's the whole idea of it!! best of luck to her parents

I love the way you arranged the squares, esp. with the angel in the center.

the idea of the angel was that the angel is my friend surrounded by all these friends (squares):manyheart

Archived