comfortghan needed for my best friend ...update with photo's post #52

bobwilson123

HI there.. OH i would loove to help.. but i have to say this first,., my husband is a smoker.. i am unsure if that matters.. i always try to be upfront about that sort of thing..

IF you still want.. i will make squares.. are you getting granny squares?? or SC squares??

PM me either way.. my feelings will NOT be hurt.. dont want to get anyone sick..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI there.. OH i would loove to help.. but i have to say this first,., my husband is a smoker.. i am unsure if that matters.. i always try to be upfront about that sort of thing..

IF you still want.. i will make squares.. are you getting granny squares?? or SC squares??

PM me either way.. my feelings will NOT be hurt.. dont want to get anyone sick..

i have pmed you :hug

hi marleen :welcome to crochetville :hi

some squares would be great :yes 6inch squares any colour, some people ave mad purple so maybe that could be the theme, BUT any colour would be fine

Do you still need squares? i can make some for you and send them to shell and she will send them forward since i am sending her a packet soon anyways, and she kindly offered to pass them forward let me know alright?:hug:hug

Do you still need squares? i can make some for you and send them to shell and she will send them forward since i am sending her a packet soon anyways, and she kindly offered to pass them forward let me know alright?:hug:hug

i have pmed you :hug

Hey Clare

Last night I thought I was going to have to PM you and very shamefully withdraw my offer as nothing was working! But, today I have 4 squares down and plan to just keep going til I run out of yarn. I am hoping that will be somewhere around 8 squares! Will have to see what happens :D

Bye for now

Shell

Clare, 8 sqaures all set to go :D I was going to make just a couple more but decided to send you the last of the yarn in case you choose to "finish" the sqaures in the way the designer intended. I didn't do it as I thought you may wish to use the colour you're going to tie the ghan together with. I will talk to Vicki this afternoon and if I need to wait on squares from her I wont post these just yet. You can see them on my blog if you like, but you're more than welcome to wait until they arrive to enjoy them. I am so pleased to have been able to help, I am sure the smile on your friends face when she gets her ghan will be priceless to you :hug

i had to take a little peek :)

i was very moved by your little story, brought a tear to the eye.

i carnt wait to get them and they are going to look fabulous !!

thanks again for your genourosity :hug

clare, i sent 10 squares to shell today and she will send them all on she said. i hope thats alright. i figured since i was sending to her anyways and everything is so expensive that maybe it would work for you too. i hope your friend knows how lucky she is to have you as a friend:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

clare, i sent 10 squares to shell today and she will send them all on she said. i hope thats alright. i figured since i was sending to her anyways and everything is so expensive that maybe it would work for you too. i hope your friend knows how lucky she is to have you as a friend:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

oh thankyou :hug her blanket is going to be wonderfull. i will be sure to post a pic when finished

Hey Clare, I haven't forgotten you :) I am STILL waiting on the parcel from Vicki so I can fwd you them all at once. It should have been here by now and neither of us are impressed as there was a bday present in there for Jessi which now wont be here for her bday! Take care and I would expect the package to be out to you by the end of next week. UGH to the postal services!

Hey Clare, I haven't forgotten you :) I am STILL waiting on the parcel from Vicki so I can fwd you them all at once. It should have been here by now and neither of us are impressed as there was a bday present in there for Jessi which now wont be here for her bday! Take care and I would expect the package to be out to you by the end of next week. UGH to the postal services!

:hug thankyou :hug yeah i hear ya with the postal services :angry

Clare, I FINALLY got Vicki's package so I will pop your squares and the left over yarn into a prepaid satchel tomorrow. Should be to you by Monday I hope!!

Are you getting enough squares to start putting the ghan together? I sure hope so. I think the sooner your friend gets this the better.

Clare, I FINALLY got Vicki's package so I will pop your squares and the left over yarn into a prepaid satchel tomorrow. Should be to you by Monday I hope!!

Are you getting enough squares to start putting the ghan together? I sure hope so. I think the sooner your friend gets this the better.

oh thanks :hug

yes i have got a great responce from some lovely people. yes the sooner the better

she has just been tols that her mum needs a operation and chemo:(

but we will get though it :) thanks to people like you and others on here for their support xxxxxx

Hello Clare,

Your 8 squares from me and 10 from Vicki left to NSW today via prepaid satchel. You should have them by Monday I hope!

Shell

Clare, I haven't forgotten about you! The weather here has kept me in my house or not available to get to the post during operating hours due to class/work schedule. SO! Thursday I will be sending it and another package to Aussieland via as quick as I can afford air mail (since the other package is a birthday present a few months overdue!).

Archived