comfortghan needed for my best friend ...update with photo's post #52

bobwilson123

update with photo's post #52 :hug :hug :hug

hi all

i really would love to make a comfortghan for my best friend. she is having a bit of a hard time at the moment

her mum is in and out of hospital and has been in hospital for the past week and she was released the other day, then 2 days later her father was admitted to hospital ( he has cancer and is having a bit of a rough patch) he was rushed into emergency surgery and is still in intensive care and its not looking to good:(

my best friend means the world to me, she is like my sister we do everything together she taught me to crochet 4 years ago and i have been addicted ever since:hook

we have neen friends for over 16 years and it saddens me to see her struggle. i thought that a comfortghan will cheer her up greatly

i am not asking for much 1 or 2 6' squares any colors any pattern

thanks n advance:hug

ps i live in australia in case you were wondering

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please PM me with your address. Is it okay if it takes a little while? With Christmas coming up (lots of WIPs to finish in fewer than 10 days!) and the mail having to go internationally, it might take a bit before you get the squares.

I will keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers...:hug

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, Claire, I've been so busy with the holidays (The New Year is the biggest holiday in Japan...I don't live there any more, but I still try to do some of the traditional stuff), but I haven't forgotten about your squares.

no probs i no how crazy it was over the hols. busy busy busy :)

Claire,

I have one (yes, one) squared completed. I really like the Circle of Friends square, but it's an 8-inch square, so I had to make some modifications, which turned out a lot trickier than it had seemed. It wasn't just "stop when you have reached the desired size". :lol I have so much more respect for designers now.

Anyway, I have it down finally, so I'll make a few more and send them off to you.

Claire,

I have one (yes, one) squared completed. I really like the Circle of Friends square, but it's an 8-inch square, so I had to make some modifications, which turned out a lot trickier than it had seemed. It wasn't just "stop when you have reached the desired size". :lol I have so much more respect for designers now.

Anyway, I have it down finally, so I'll make a few more and send them off to you.

oh WOW thanks heaps :hug i carnt wait to see them ! they sound wonderfull :yes

Sending 4 squares out today. 2 are a light purple, 2 are a varigated that has some purple in them. They are both Red Heart, one is called Monet, the other is Lavender. I don't know any fancy square patterns yet, so they are all the basic granny. Not sure how long they will take to reach you, they are coming from California, USA. :)

-Nikki

Clare, now I have 5 squares, all pretty much the same design and color (it took me a couple of tries to decide on the best way to do that square after all). It's beige and I am hoping it's okay to have a bunch that is exactly the same since it's a pretty neutral color. Please let me know if you want more variety...maybe I can change the color or something if that's what you want.

I figured since I'm sending them to Australia, it's more economical to send as many as possible. I'll just use up the skein and see how many I can get out of it. I also want to wash them first, since I'm using Red Heart Super Saver and this color is not exactly soft.

Clare, now I have 5 squares, all pretty much the same design and color (it took me a couple of tries to decide on the best way to do that square after all). It's beige and I am hoping it's okay to have a bunch that is exactly the same since it's a pretty neutral color. Please let me know if you want more variety...maybe I can change the color or something if that's what you want.

I figured since I'm sending them to Australia, it's more economical to send as many as possible. I'll just use up the skein and see how many I can get out of it. I also want to wash them first, since I'm using Red Heart Super Saver and this color is not exactly soft.

oh thankyou sooo much :hug i really apprecitate every ones kindness :manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken me so long! 11 squares (I think) went out today by global priority mail (4-8 days). They are all the same designs, in two different neutral colors. Hope you can use them. :)

Edited to add: I didn't get a chance to put in a note. I was running around like crazy that day and went to the post office without an envelope or anything. I had just enough time to fill out the forms and try to fit in all the squares in the flat envelope they had. I didn' mean to be unfriendly at all, so please don't be surprised when you open the package and there are only squares, nothing else.

Sorry it's taken me so long! 11 squares (I think) went out today by global priority mail (4-8 days). They are all the same designs, in two different neutral colors. Hope you can use them. :)

Edited to add: I didn't get a chance to put in a note. I was running around like crazy that day and went to the post office without an envelope or anything. I had just enough time to fill out the forms and try to fit in all the squares in the flat envelope they had. I didn' mean to be unfriendly at all, so please don't be surprised when you open the package and there are only squares, nothing else.

oh wow 11 sqaures!! you are WONERFULL :hug:manyheart:hug

they willl go to good use. so far i only have 6 beautifull squares, so your 11 will more than come in handy

thanks again xx

hey Clare, i would like to help too. please email me your addy and i will see what i come up with :) i haven't been on Crochetville much since xmas, so sorry i didn't offer help sooner! i hope nothing has got worse since your first post. your friend sounds like a wonderful person, and truly lucky to have you as a friend who cares about her so much. xxx

thanks shell :heart

unfortunatly things have got worse, her mum has been diagnosed with cancer too.....her dad is out of hospital and going steady, but gradulally getting worse, as to be expected though

enough of all the sad stuff the item i make from all these lovely squares will chear her up :)

oh Clare, I am sorry to hear that. my squares will come soon. i can't promise you will want to use any of them, or that they will be very uniform. i haven't made afghan squares before lol i will make a few in one colour of the/each design i use. hopefully easier to intergrate then :) i best get to it, the sooner she gets this ghan the better

Archived