Working in front of

rob99709

Question

I am currently working a doily that has Split FPtr crochet and I am confused on on little section. The patter reads as follows:

Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st and in next sc, sc in next ch-3 sp, work First leg of Split FPtr around first dc on Rnd 1, :) skip next 3 dc from First leg, work Second leg of Split FPtr around next dc, sc in same space on Rnd 2, sc in next 2 sc and in next ch-3 sp, working in front of Second leg of last Split FPtr, work First leg of Split FPtr around last skipped dc on Rnd 1....

To finish this it says to work behind the first Split FPtr>>>

I can get the first two Split FPtr and the next 3 sc but how do I work in front of the last leg of the Second Split FPtr - I thought you would go under from the right side of the post back up in the left then work your next First leg Split FPtr - but this is real awkward and does not look right.

Does this make sense and can anyone help?

Thank you,

Robbie

3 answers to this question

Between the first and second legs of the first split FPtr are three skipped (unworked) dcs. The first leg of the second split FPtr will be worked around the last (3rd) skipped dc of those three (not around the previous FPtr). The part about working in front of the second leg of the first split FPtr is just telling you that the first leg of the second split FPtr will cross over (in front of) the second leg of the first split FPtr.

A split FPtr will make an upside-down V, like this: ^. The pattern is telling you that the right side (first leg) of each split FPtr (^) will overlap the left side (second leg) of the previous split FPtr (^) to its right. That's why the last (left) leg of the very last split FPtr of the round will be the only one you'll do behind a split FPtr leg. The second leg of the very last one will go behind the first leg of the very first one to keep the overlapping pattern correct.

I hope I didn't confuse you more. It's hard to explain without being able to show you.:hook

Thank you so much for your help - I understand know - funny how you can give something to much thought making it more complicated :think

Robbie

Archived