Do you believe in UFOs?

iSiSfae

Come on... Admit it! We all have at least one of them...

How many UnFinished Objects (UFOs) do you have hiding in your home?

I have 2... :blush an afghan squares blanket I started a month ago and just can't get myself to finish b/c the squares are so tedious to make, and a cotton skirt I started back in July and the majority of it is double crochet w/ an f hook and it's so tedious and the f-hook is so murderous on my hands that I just never want to pick it up (it was actually recently put in a plastic grocery bag and shoved into the bottom of my stash basket). but i've lost 20 lbs since i started making it, i'll probably have to frog it and give the yarn away in a swap b/c it's probably too big for me now!

I have 4! One is,,,was,, a baby sweater that I ran out of yarn for.That particular yarn cannot be found nor ordered anywhere, so it will be frogged, sadly. I only liked half of a sleeve to complete it! Ugh! Another is a doily I was working on quite a few months ago while in the hospital. The weight and color of the yarn made the doily look horrid,,,so it will be frogged as well. The 3rd is a multicolored butterfly doily. I am waiting on my husband to buy the colors he wants on the wings and flowers. And, the 4th is a baby blanket, which, is actually a WIP, since I will be starting again on that tonight.

I really hate to admit this... but I have one. It's a peach and white blanket that I believe I've had for about three years. It's boring. It's single crochet, chain 1 and you have to change colors every row. I am seriously thinking of frogging it and doing a different pattern. But for now, just like iSiSfae, it's in a plastic grocery sack and shoved into the bottom of my stash bin.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a love/hate relationship with the jean jacket pattern from the May 2003 issue of Crochet Fantasy. Since I cannot do anything according to the pattern, I have changed the stitch used (they call for dc and I think it looks too airy in dc). But for some reason, I cannot grasp the increasing - so I frog it and try again.

When I get frustrated (which is often), I stick it in a bag and toss it in the corner. Right now, it is is the bottom of a bin that usually houses Christmas ornaments. When the tree comes down, I will probably give it another go - but I really am beginning to hate this thing.

I also have a pile of granny squares. According to my count, I have enought for the afghan - I just cannot bear to stitch them all together.

I have a red and black blanket I started last year, 26 4" granny squares done in cream colored yarn I bought at a yard sale that I planned to sew into a purse, a log cabin afghan that is only about 8 inches square.... I really hate to continue! I guess the past few months I have been focusing on quicker holiday gifts.

Congrats to you for losing 20 pounds though- that's worth frogging a skirt!!!!!!

Right now I don't have too much. There is a set of golf club covers that just need some trim attached. Does one mitten, which I may or may not make the mate to, count as a UFO?

I have WIP like crazy though.

I have an amigurumi to finish up, and a tablecloth that needs frogging. I started it about 15 (give or take) years ago and no longer have the full pattern nor can I get the right thread. Still, maybe I'll keep it as is just because.

Brae

I think the only UFO I have that isn't a WIP is one of those shopping bags made from plastic grocery sacks that have been cut into strips. I started last summer but the cutting and tying together got old REALLY quick. I don't really intend to finish it, though the guts of it is still in my closet. Oh, wait--there's also about 10 inches of a knitted scarf that I realized I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish, so I just stopped working on it. I need to frog it and use the yarn for.....hmmmm...something, I guess :)

Yes, Yes and Yes!!

I have so many UFO's/WIP's that I made a gallery and I hope it will inspire me to finish what I've started.

Of course this does not include the 4 bags I got stashed in a bag somewhere in my yarn closet.

I have lots of wips but only two ufos. One is a sweater and almost done with it. Pretty much all that is let is seaming it up which I despise! The other is a fingerless glove that I made free handed but I didn't write the pattern down so it makes finishing (really starting) the other glove difficult. lol. I guess I could try counting the rows and stitches but I really don't want to. Did I mention that it was made with black yarn? The sweater will be finished even if it costs me my sanity! The mateless glove, well, maybe I'll start over and this time write down what I actually did so I can make a second!

• 2 weeks later...

UFOs drive me insane. The unfinished project seems to haunt me.

I have a cardigan I started using Boucle about 2 years ago. I love the pattern - but it wasn't working on me (horizontal stripes on my short and chunky body just doesn't do the pattern justice). I put the project aside planning to pull it out and re-use the yarn - but I haven't done it yet because Boucle is difficult to pull apart (the yarn tangles itself together!).

Most of my UFO's are actually WIP's: A sweater for myself, a baby blanket for a friend, and another pair of fishnet stockings for myself.

My one UFO is embarrassing! It's a red and white checkered baby blanket for my daughter's crib. She is 14 years old now. I really don't think she's gonna appreciate it much when it's finished.

HER little one? That would make me a grandmother, right? I'm way too young to be thinking of that! Besides, she's a tomboy!

I have one more UFO to report. A beaded shell, from Lily Chin's book "Knit and Crochet with Beads". I found it when I cleaned-up my craft room. I think I'll turn it into a WIP, now that the weather is warming up.

I just started on #4 yesterday!

I started a white thread crochet tablecloth and I'm 1.5 motifs into it... only 718.5 left to go!

I have a black bag that I'm working on that is ALMOST done, I should have it finished by the end of the week.

I started about a month ago on a burgundy/basil afghan for my living room that my husband LOVES. He keeps bugging me to quit working on other projects and finish it!

I am working on a green lacy shawl, which I will probably FROG. It is just a practice pattern for one I'd like to do with beading, which I've never tried before. I am trying to get the pattern/size that I want with it so I'll know how many beads to string.

My husband says I have "Crochet ADD" because I can never sit down and work on ONE project until it is finished. I went out and bought thread yesterday to start my tablecloth and when I came home with the Michael's bag, he just rolled his eyes at me and shook his head.

I have 4 going on right now but I started them all this week. Ugh! What was I thinking? 2 of them need to be done this weekend for my Girls ( 2 scarfs), a maneless, tailess horse, and a bodiless mini kitty! Hopefully, I will get them done by next week. The last unfinished projects I had were 2 mile-a-minute afghans. I ended up giving them to a friend of mine to use for the yarn! At least the yarn was used and put to good use. Instead of one of my totes!

• 6 years later...

I have 2 but to me they are ongoing projects a knitted strippy blanket which I work on every now and then as it's for myself.

and one on going stash buster granny square blanket but it will be ages before I finish either as both are for myself so have to take a back burner while I work on customer items.

Archived