You Know You're a Fiber Addict If...

You know you're a yarn addict if you buy an angora goat just so you can have 100% angora to use. (I just did this but I don't know how to spin it or anything else about the process :think )

By the way, my husband still can't believe I bought her just for her fleece. :)

Too funny! I've been dropping SERIOUS hints to DH about getting an Angora Bunny. He's really not taking the hints seriously enough though. Granted, we have 2 cats and a Lhasa right now. Adding a bunny to the mix could be catastrophic at this point. But I definitely see a bunny in the distant future. When I might actually have time to brush said bunny & then actually SPIN the fiber. Oh yes, I will have a bunny one of these days . . .

In the mean time. . . I'll continue to buy yarn when it's on sale (or not), buy (download) patterns and stack them on my leaning tower of patterns of things I must do (eventually), and be content in the knowledge that I WILL HAVE enough yarn (and hooks, and needles, and notions) to tide me over until I have a wide range of fiber-producing animals so that I may spin my own luscious yarn.

Hey, a girl can dream . . . Right?

I thought angora came from rabbits:think are there 2 kinds? How do you tell the difference? It's cool you now have a goat! There is a great folder here for spinning...I learned how from the vidios in that folder :yes I really want to try alpaca! Please post photos when you do spin:hug

Angora does come from rabbits. I thought so too, so I Yahoo'ed it (I never did get on the google bandwagon, always been a die hard Yahoo fan), and found a site for angora rabbits.

These are all good!!! and I see myself in ALOT of them. More than is comfortable to admit :blush . I too go into a department store and say "I can make that, and cheaper!" about everything :)

You know you're a fiber addict when you receive more emails from C'ville, Herrschner's, Joann's, Bernat, etc....than you do from friends and family

So true...so true!

Also, you know you're a yarn addict when you have yarn in your desk at work.

You also know you're a yarn addict when you have a meeting in another office building, and you're trying to figure out how you can coordinate that with a visit to the LYS--that is to say, trying to figure out if your co-workers would miss you if you went before or after the meeting. :lol

you look at 20 lb test line (fishing line) and imagine what you could make with it!

Pots and Pans Scrubbies

A fishing net for that little fisherbear you crocheted last year

Bath Toy Hammock

Spiderwebs for Halloween (use glow in the dark spraypaint if you want to startle your kids or florescent spray paint and a blacklight for a cool effect)

Snowflakes

Not that I tried it alot or anything :lol

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Pots and Pans Scrubbies

Bath Toy Hammock

Spiderwebs for Halloween (use glow in the dark spraypaint if you want to startle your kids or florescent spray paint and a blacklight for a cool effect)

Snowflakes

Not that I tried it alot or anything :lol

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

:lol :lol Know that if you wonder outloud on C'ville someone else has already done it and will give you pointers! :lol :lol

Pots and Pans Scrubbies

Bath Toy Hammock

I've used it as reinforcement for mesh bags, but these are new ideas!! :hook

I've used it as reinforcement for mesh bags, but these are new ideas!! :hook

The only reason I started playing with fishing line was because I lost most of my crochet stash when I moved from Toronto to the Falls. My BIL was disappointed I'd stolen his fishing line but my sister smoothed it over with him when I showed her all the christmas and halloween decorations I made for her. My nephew was also happy to have a fishing net for the fishing bear I'd made him. It's amazing the things we hookers will use when we need to keep our hands busy... BTW, crocheting hair still attached to the head doesn't work very well but I'm only telling that story if we get into the "When I was younger" stories.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

And I only started playing with fishing line when I was camping with my new hubby our first year together - He wanted a bag for the fish (champion Pike fisherman he is) to keep them cool in the river, I only had thin cotton yarn - not strong enough so confiscated his fishing line to make his bag - - - lol - - - working with hair after it has been removed from the head works best when you get permission from the person who's head is involved first!!!

That is pretty close Darski, just a 10-20 minute drive away. Might want to sneak over to the Walmart here, Factory Overstock sale on fancy yarns for $5 a bag. I bought six bags of the velvet yarn and it has 8-10 balls in each bag. :c9

Crocus, I would've removed the hair first but my stepmom told me if I shaved my head I wouldn't have a social life until I turned 18. I was 14 at the time :hook.

You know you're a fiber addict when you actually hold your crochet project up on a shelf so you can finish "one more row" because you know if you sit your kids will take your hook and mess up your yarn.

You have actually rewound a movie you were watching because there was a beautiful afghan or shirt or hat and you wanted to see the stitch pattern.

You send your husband out in three feet of snow to get the mail because it's around the time for the Knitpicks catalog to come in/or you have ordered yarn and it should be here.

I'll think of more I'm sure!

Archived