That Girl!

Grifter

TVLand had a That Girl marathon this weekend. In one of the earlier segments (ca 1966) Ann Marie was wearing a crochet pantsuit. It was really cute - a shell stitch pattern in yellow - very "mod" :lol

I really enjoyed that this weekend. I watched while I crocheted Christmas presents. I loved that show when I was a teenager. I named one of my daughters Angela Marie after her.

I loved that show as a kid, so really enjoyed the marathon this past weekend! Ann Marie had a lot of spunk - even though she had her boyfriend and dad to lean on, she was a pioneering single girl in the big city! I especially enjoyed all the outdoor shots of NYC. After having lived there myself, it was fun to see what it looked like back in the late 60's!

Another more current tv character who wears a lot of crochet is Phoebe Halliwell on Charmed. I often catch the reruns on TNT in the afternoons, and have seen Phoebe wearing crocheted hats, capelets, fingerless gloves - and in one episode where she keeps saving her boyfriend from death, she is wearing an ankle length granny square skirt that is really pretty!

Archived