Edwardian Shawl

goldi316

Last Thursday, I had to do a heavy frogging session on this shawl, was feeling pretty depressed about it. Couldn't get back to it afterward until Saturday afternoon, but once I got to it, I just couldn't seem to stop, and I just finished it up about a half hour ago. This turned out pretty nice, I think!

EdwardianShawlFullView.jpg

This is the basic Lion Brand Prayer Shawl, made with Edwardian Homespun. I decided to make a shell ruffle edge instead of the usual fringe and it looks very nice this way. I've posted more info on my blog about it, and will get a daytime photoshoot in tomorrow since I plan on wearing it to work. :garden

Now it's back to my mitten project! :artist

It looks great! I've been thinking about doing that pattern for myself.

BTW nice blog. I wanted to leave a comment on it but it didn't work for some reason.

Thanks for the compliments everybody! In spite of the fact that I'm nearly blind with exhaustion now, I did manage to get a pic of me wearing the shawl up on my blog tonight.

Karen, as far as I can tell, the commenting area is working okay - maybe you just hit it at a bad moment. I hope you'll give it another try, I'd love to see whatever you wanted to say!

And I really do think the ruffle edge worked great with this shawl. It was a spur of the moment decision to do it that way, and paid off, whew!

Okay, gonna peek at what everyone else has been up to and then I'm off to bed. I think it's safe to say I won't even know when my head's hit the pillow, I'll be gone before that happens. :zzz

Archived