What Not To Crochet/Knit

iSiSfae

What Not to Crochet blog: Love or Hate?  

641 members have voted

1. 1. What Not to Crochet blog: Love or Hate?

• Love it! It makes me laugh!
    • On the Fence: It's funny, but it's also offensive.
    • Hate it! How can people be that cruel about other people's work!
    • Sorry... Never heard of it!

I really love them and not only because it makes me laugh (it does a lot) I like this blog because at least it is a place where people can have their opinions,

I don't think its bad to see some proper critique if something is bad or there is something a bit wrong in the crochet (knit) piece... even though there was photo with an actress wearing a dress looking like granny square blanket well as much as I love the idea of granny squares in the fashion there was something very ugly in that dress, but hey there are other people who would like it and that is why they don't have to read someone else opinions which we are all free to have...

I would really love to read what is wrong with my crochet if I am trying to sell my creations and I don't sell a lot, even everyone tells me compliments around and how lovely my things are... there must really be something wrong with my work and on the very friendly forum like this or my UK one everyone says only nice things (which is of course good and nice but hey)

oh dear that was too long, sorry for being so honest

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having headed back there last night, I have to admit that I found myself laughing over a lot of the items. The sight is humorous.

I don't think its bad to see some proper critique if something is bad or there is something a bit wrong in the crochet (knit) piece...

I agree, I don't have a problem with constructive critiques on community forums such as ours, it's just those very rare and unsolicited ugly or wacky alerts that I feel are uncalled for. Thankfully it is an exceptionally rare occurrence on the 'Ville.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE the site. I don't always agree with them about "what not to crochet", in fact I have crocheted at least one of the things ( worn and been complimented on it) showcased there, but I love the sight, the commentary and the pictures. It's a hoot!!

• 2 months later...

Too funny .. i clicked the link to check out the what not to crochet blog hahaha some funny things on there. Inspiration comes from the strangest places I suppose. LOL

Some of the things are ridiculous, but you have to admire the creativity. Hmmm, I know someone who crocheted a sleepsuit for their cat and knitted striped legwarmers for their dining table.

Hey, whatever floats your boat!

Heheheh

D

xxx

• 1 year later...

I clicked on the link for the "What not to crochet blog" and almost died when I saw the childbirth doll with right anatomy, plus the little baby had right anatomy too. Honestly I had to wonder who dared took the time to crochet that.

Then I wondered where the **** was that when I was in labor with my daughter. I could've used a nice little laugh. Now I have saved the picture to my computer.

I had a good laugh. It wasn't long ago I told my dd that I didn't understand some things that people crochet and also that if they make it they should HAVE to model it! lol

I just don't get it and especially when they post it and others post how "GREAT" it is!

Different strokes for different folks!

Fetus in a jar?, childbirth? I have very little "shock" factor anymore so it all goes.....

• 2 weeks later...
I clicked on the link for the "What not to crochet blog" and almost died when I saw the childbirth doll with right anatomy, plus the little baby had right anatomy too. Honestly I had to wonder who dared took the time to crochet that.

Then I wondered where the **** was that when I was in labor with my daughter. I could've used a nice little laugh. Now I have saved the picture to my computer.

I know..I was really shocked when I saw that...

I didn't see it before (I just looked at it a minute ago) and never laughed so hard in my entire life. They did have really really funny ones but there are some that I really loved..like a few purses!

Archived