If your parcel went MIA

The holiday season is here, that means a lot of us are going to send out mails and packages to other people. Sometimes USPS is a little bit demented and mix our stuff up a little bit, which makes us become very frustrated :yes

I hope nobody's in that situation atm, but here's what you should know:

If somebody sent an unisured package without any delivery confirmation and it got lost, you should wait 14 days (starting from the day the parcel was sent) for the parcel to show up. If it doesn't then you need to go to the post office and file a form called PS Form 1510 for mail loss and rifling. The kind people at USPS will investigate upon your request and go to the mail recovery center to see if the package is there. If it's there then they'll deliver to you.

You as the receiver need to fill that Form 1510. To do so, you need to know some certain information about the sender, place, time, method of sending of that package.

You can read more about it here: https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/hdusps.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2865&p_created=1064881607&p_sid=B7LvPKoi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=4545&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTkmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1sb3N0IHBhcmNlbA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

I hope this is not an old topic as it may help some of us here :hook

I had a package get lost (it wasn't a gift, though, it was a crocheted pattern I was trying to send in for submission to a magazine...) I called my post office, they directed me to the next big post office.... I waited and waited on the phone while the lady looked for it in the bins... But it was worth it! She found it and returned it to me so I could send it again. (That was pre-Crochetville days for me, when I really learned how to send a package!) :lol

Tina

That is really good info to know.

Unfortunately, a couple of months ago, I was suppose to receive a package from a friend of mine in Poland and it never made it to the states...I felt really bad for her too. She thinks that my package never left Poland and that someone stole it :angry

I had this happen with pictures my sil was sending us within our own state. It took me 6 months to get them and they only had her city post office stamp on them. Package was just like she had put them in the mail that date. I think it was on fault of my post office. We have since gotten a new post master and the mail no longer looks like someone opened it.

I had a problem with the post master when I closed my post office box early. She told me I only had money coming back for the key. I didn't think it was right so I called another local post office and asked and she said no you have 10.00 coming back. I said I thought so and told where I was calling about. She told me call her back and explain it. I did and went and collected my money. I think she was going to pocket the money. She was a mean and nasty person. When we got a new post master and I had visited the post office I told him it was nice to come in there and have someone friendly wait on you. He told me he heard a lot of stories, but never met her. Now I visit my post office. I use to go another local one.

Archived