woo hoo!

I made my fiancee a hat to take with him to college. You know, one of those "pieces of me" that can travel and make the fact that we have to spend another year mostly apart till May. But this is the best part. EVERYONE out there loves it. Apperntly they are totally amazed that you can make stuff like that and it's getting so many compliments about how nice it looks. :manyheart Which always makes me laugh a little when thinking of the title of the pattern I used. UBW--Ugly but warm! :lol

However, I never realized how gratifying all of that was. All it's doing is making me want to make more and more! Granted, I'd do it without all the compliments, but they certainly don't hurt! Well, except my pocket book and the money I now want to spend on yarn!

Oh... this is the pattern. I made it in black and cream. http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/aug02_bbqmitt.pdf

I made my fiancee a hat to take with him to college. You know, one of those "pieces of me" that can travel and make the fact that we have to spend another year mostly apart till May. But this is the best part. EVERYONE out there loves it. Apperntly they are totally amazed that you can make stuff like that and it's getting so many compliments about how nice it looks. :manyheart Which always makes me laugh a little when thinking of the title of the pattern I used. UBW--Ugly but warm! :lol

However, I never realized how gratifying all of that was. All it's doing is making me want to make more and more! Granted, I'd do it without all the compliments, but they certainly don't hurt! Well, except my pocket book and the money I now want to spend on yarn!

Oh... this is the pattern. I made it in black and cream. http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/aug02_bbqmitt.pdf

Your link is for a BBQ mitt which I really like but I wanna see the hat too. ;)

That's a great pattern - I made that early in the HAT A Week CAL and really liked it too. We crocheters are going to rule the world one day, we know where all the good patterns are.

Congratulations on all your compliments. I'm sure you deserved them. It isn't just the pattern that makes this stuff great; we have something to do with it too :wlol

Archived